Miranda Cosgrove dating
Fredward "Freddie" Benson
2020.11.28 05:27 shlttyshittymorph Fredward "Freddie" Benson
BORN: Fredward Benson February 4 (age 13-18) 
FAMILY: See list of Benson family members
FRIENDS AND LIKES: Carly Shay (best friend, ex - girlfriend,) Sam Puckett (best friend,ex - girlfriend) Spencer Shay Gibby Gibson Principal Franklin Brad Harper T-Bo Coconut Cream Pie Perfectly preparing a pizza (as mentioned in iHire An Idiot) Computers Technology Celebrities Underwater World of Warlords Galaxy Wars Fencing Pini's lasagna Lane Alexander Model Trains Baseball
DISLIKES: Nevel Papperman Sam Puckett (formerly) Tasha (iNevel) Carly and Sam fighting Marissa Benson (when she is overprotective of him.) Cort Wade Collins When people stick ribs on his face When Spencer teases him about eating his "Mushywooms" Shannon Mitchell Mushrooms (iSam's Mom) Asparagus (iMove Out) Steven Carson
TALENTS: Tech stuff Acting British accents Portraying vampires Fencing Math (Long Division) Shooting Arrows (Jr. Bow & Arrow Club at Ridgeway) (Possibly) Ballet (iRescue Carly) Speaking fluent Spanish
ICARLY.COM BLOGS Freddie's blogs
PORTRAYED BY: Nathan Kress
ALIAS: Chess Masterson (in iParty with Victorious)
CATCH PHRASE "In 5, 4, 3, 2, ..."
BIO Fredward "Freddie" Benson (born February 4) was iCarly's technical producer and the tritagonist of the show.
This role includes being an administrator for the iCarly website, creating the special effects used on the iCarly webcast, editing film clips for the show, and being a camera man. Freddie is the oldest member of the iCarly trio and came up with the name iCarly for their webshow.
He lives in Bushwell Plaza, in apartment 8-D with his mother. This is the apartment directly across the hall from his best friend Carly Shay.
Freddie attends Ridgeway High School, and is known to have very high grades across a variety of subjects. He is part of many extra-curricular activities, the most well known being the A.V. Club.
His personality is generally intellectual, very calm and even tempered when dealing with negative people or events. Freddie has very strong morals, and has trouble being mean, taking advantage of people, or lying. He can also be a little clumsy. Sometimes, he speaks a little bit of Spanish.
Freddie is portrayed by Nathan Kress.
Freddie is very intelligent and is shown to be a bit of a geeky person who can get excited about anything that has to do with technology. Along with this, he can be shown to be a bit of a cool person as well, not fully portraying the stereotypical nerd. He is also a member of the A.V. Club in school, along with being a fan of World of Warlords (parody of World of Warcraft). Because of his love for computers, he became iCarly's technical producer, the one who builds and operates the technical equipment on iCarly. Examples of such equipment are the green screen, the flat screen monitor (which he made move 18% faster), Sam's remote, and various special effects.
Freddie does have a somewhat devious side, especially when he wants to get back at Carly or Sam for something. This was shown in iStage An Intervention and iHire An Idiot. Freddie likes to believe that he is "bad", but his pranks and wrongdoings usually backfire somehow, leaving him as squeaky-clean as ever.
Freddie shares Spencer's enthusiasm for Galaxy Wars (parody of Star Wars). His interest is also shown in the decoration of his room and the fan-talk they share after Spencer buys a "Proton Cruiser" spaceship. In iHeart Art and iWas A Pageant Girl, he mentioned that he visits the Galaxy Wars Convention, and he has also been shown to have a laser gun and a stun blazer (which he shocked himself with when he thought he was dreaming). He also shares Spencer's love for World of Warlords as evidenced in iStart a Fanwar.
In iFence, it was shown he has great talent for fencing - just like his ancestors and his mother. However, his fencing has not been mentioned since, and it is likely he quickly lost interest in it. His mother also takes him to different sports activities, like synchronized swimming or tennis, much to his embarrassment. Interestingly, in numerous episodes, he's holding a fork or a pen with his left hand. In iFence, however, he is shown fencing with his right hand, which has led fans to think that he might be ambidextrous.
He is the only person in the cast who is shown to be multi-lingual, although Sam has demonstrated fluency in Italian (she said it is because her mom really likes Italian guys). Besides being able to speak fluent Spanish (he often has random Spanish outbursts, see below), he also speaks some French, as shown in the episode iHate Sam's Boyfriend. It is unknown why he's multi-lingual. Some iCarly fans theorize that it has something to do with the tracking chip that Freddie's mom put in his head. (Freddie began an explanation in iGoodbye as to why he speaks Spanish so randomly, but he never finishes it.)
In some episodes, Freddie shows a rare case of somewhat violent and mean thoughts. In iWon't Cancel The Show, he is shown to be shaking in laughter at Gibby's discomfort of having to brush his teeth with mustard repeatedly. When Sam bothers him in iSell Penny-Tees, he slowly picks up a knife, but stops himself. In iPity The Nevel, he wanted Nevel to drink from the shoe Sam's foot had "been sweating in for over a year." In iOMG, he seems pretty amused by the fact that Sam posted the (obviously mean) pictures of what she'd drawn on Gibby's forehead on the internet.
Freddie lives with his overprotective mother Marissa Benson, who frequently embarrasses him. In iMove Out, Freddie gets a little too irked with his mom's behavior and moves out. At the end of the episode, he comes back on the condition that she never embarrass him in public again, and that she unlocks all the TV channels, although Marissa is hesitant to unlock the nature channel. As mentioned in iDate Sam & Freddie, he knows his mom put a chip in his head. In a recent iCarly.com interview with T-Bo, Freddie confesses to T-Bo that he has stage fright, although in iCook, Freddie (when he found out he was on TV), said "I'm Freddie Benson" in a nervous and rather amusing way.
In various episodes, he has been shown to be a caring person and true friend to both Carly and Sam. For example, in iReunite with Missy, he saw Sam's need for help, and secretly got rid of Missy for her by giving away his cruise vacation to Missy (also removing the problem of his absence from the webshow). On numerous other occasions, he does whatever he can to help both of his friends, and sometimes Carly's brother Spencer as well.
When he was younger, Freddie was portrayed as a bit of a wimp, easily pinned by Carly. Later on, Freddie developed greater physical strength. In iScream on Halloween, he ripped a door knob off with his bare hands (it was an accident). In iThink They Kissed, when Carly pinned him down, Freddie easily reversed it. In Season 4, his biceps looked a lot thicker than in the past. This is due to Nathan Kress working out more. (In iOMG, it took Sam a little longer than before to beat him in arm wrestling.)
Physical Appearance Freddie was originally short and scrawny in Season 1, Carly and Sam were taller than him. He eventually has a growth spurt and grows a little taller than the both of them. He also becomes athletic in Season 4, his biceps become larger than before and his chest thickens and hardens, filling out his shirt. Freddie had spikier hair in Season 1 and in the first 10 episodes of Season 4, his hair is shorter and combed. Also, in later Season 4 and Season 5 episodes, Freddie has noticeable remnants of stubble because of Nathan Kress growing facial hair and shaving it.
Relationships with Other Main Characters (In order of first interaction)
Carly Shay ￼￼
(2005-; Best Friend, Former Crush, Ex- Girlfriend, Neighbor)
Freddie's massive crush on Carly was established in the first episode of the very first season. Despite her constantly rejecting him, they became best friends. They have known each other since the sixth grade and are shown to care for each other very strongly, as they both stand up for the other one on a number of occasions. (See: Creddie Friendship)
Freddie has been shown to be extremely jealous towards any guy Carly was interested in. He saved her life from an oncoming taco truck in the episode iSaved Your Life, and they became a couple for a short while, but broke up at the end of the episode because Freddie didn't want to take advantage of Carly if she only liked him because he saved her life. Their relationship has been mentioned once since then in iApril Fools, but because this episode broke the fourth wall, this was generally ignored by viewers.
Also, it is hinted that Freddie is still harboring feelings for Carly because in iOpen a Restaurant, he asked her, "Is it too late for you to love me?".
In the series finale iGoodbye, Carly comes up to the iCarly studio while he is packing up. Carly stops him by placing her hand on his, and then she kisses him. Freddie returns the kiss, and as they are leaving the iCarly Studio, he is seen raising his hands up in a triumphant gesture.
Sam Puckett ￼￼
(2005-2012; Frienemies, Best Friends, Ex-Girlfriend)
Sam and Freddie started as frienemies, but developed to best friends. As they grew older, they began hanging out without Carly much more frequently. Although they frequently tease each other, they can always rely on each other when they need help and always have each other's back. (See: Seddie Friendship)
In iKiss, Sam and Freddie shared their first kiss with each other after they agreed to do so just to get their first kisses over with. Freddie was later kissed by Sam in iOMG and it was revealed she had a major crush on him. They dated for a short while from iLost My Mind to iLove You, but broke up when they realized that they "didn't click". They did admit that they loved each other, but remained broken up. Their relationship evolved into a deeper version of their previous friendship: hanging out, exchanging barbs, etc. Their previous romance was brought up again in iPear Store when Sam mentions that she and Freddie dated for a while: "He's still in love with me, it's kinda sad". In iGoodbye, during an awkward phone call, Freddie asks Sam if she wants to get back together. Her answer is never fully established, as Freddie quickly changes the subject and they do not speak of it again.
(For details, see Seddie)
Spencer Shay ￼Best Buds(2005-2012; Friend, Neighbor)
Spencer seems to be something like a big brother to Freddie. Freddie usually asks him for advice (especially about girls) and enjoys hanging out with him when he needs "guy time" away from girls. We can also see that Freddie and Spencer work together as a team. (see: Fencer)
Gibby Gibson ￼Gibby and Freddie(2007–Present; Friends)
Before Gibby (Noah Munck) became a main character, Freddie barely interacted with him except for working on iCarly. The most notable situation between them was in iEnrage Gibby when Gibby thought Freddie tried to kiss his girlfriend. It is seen in many iCarly videos on their website that they hang out more. In Season 4, they are shown hanging out together in the episode iSam's Mom. In iGet Banned (Season 5), they form a fake band to get girls. (see: Fibby)
Girlfriends, Dates and Crushes (In chronological order)
Valerie (2007) ￼Freddie and Valerie's one kiss (which he says was too short to count).Freddie had a brief relationship with Valerie in iWill Date Freddie, but broke up with her after learning that she was only using him to ruin iCarly for her own web show's gain. She was also mentioned in iKiss.
Shannon Mitchell (2008) Shannon had an unrequited crush on Freddie in iWin a Date. They went on a triple date (along with Carly, Gibby, Sam, and Reuben) at the Cheesecake Warehouse, during which Carly and Freddie tried to persuade Shannon to like Gibby (who had a crush on Shannon) instead, without success. Freddie obviously didn't like her; he did it out of friendship for Gibby.
Rona Burger (2008; Alternate Reality only) Rona was Freddie's girlfriend in the alternate reality of iChristmas. He seemed very unhappy in the relationship, as Rona was quite pushy, self-absorbed, mean,and obnoxious.
Melanie Puckett (2009) ￼Melanie and Freddie kiss in iTwins.In iTwins, Freddie (who believed that Sam's twin sister, Melanie, didn't exist and that Sam was simply playing a prank on him) asked Melanie for a date in an attempt to force her to admit that she was really Sam. During their date, Melanie tried to convince Freddie that she wasn't Sam by kissing him. Later, in iThink They Kissed, Freddie stated that he was pretty sure that the kiss was actually with Melanie and not Sam, although he said he was "still fuzzy on the whole Melanie thing." This indicated that he seems to have accepted Melanie as real, although in the actual episode Sam and Carly convince him she was just a fabrication..
Shelby Marx (2009) ￼Freddie had a crush on Shelby in iFight Shelby Marx. He made several awkward attempts to get her attention, but she repeatedly indicated that he was actually creeping her out.
Magic Malika (2009) An eccentric girl who likes to perform magic tricks, Malika was one of three girls who asked Freddie to the Girls' Choice Dance in iSpeed Date. He had no interest in her, but agreed to go with her because he had waited too long to respond to the other two girls (who had found other dates). The date did not go well, because she made Freddie's cell phone float and a smoothie explode. After that she disappeared and was never seen again.
Jamie (2009) Freddie mentions Jamie as one of the two girls who asked him to the Girls' Choice Dance.
Ariana (2009) Freddie mentions Ariana as one of the two girls who asked him to the Girls' Choice Dance.
Carly Shay (Ex-Girlfriend, Best friend, Longtime Crush) Despite him having a major crush on Carly ever since the show started, they only dated after he saved her from being run over by a truck in iSaved Your Life. They broke up at the end of the episode because he wanted to be sure that he wasn't taking advantage of her if she liked him only for what he did. In iOpen A Restaurant it is revealed that Freddie again has a little "crush" on Carly. He even asked her, "Is it too late for you to love me?" She did not answer because she was taken off guard and then they got interrupted. In the Series Finale, iGoodbye, Carly kissed Freddie and he raised both fists in the air. (For details, see Creddie)
Leslie (2010; Date) Freddie reluctantly agreed to go on a double date (along with Spencer) with Leslie in iWas A Pageant Girl. He showed little interest in Leslie, and both girls left after being ignored for most of the night, while Freddie and Spencer battled in the "Who am I?" game.
Sabrina Gibson (2010) ￼Sabrina and Freddie.Freddie spent several nights video-chatting with Gibby's cousin, Sabrina, in iBeat the Heat. Despite some initial romantic interest, the two never became anything more than friends, because when they met in person, Freddie was put off by Sabrina's much greater height. (In the extended version of this episode, Freddie gave up his interest in Sabrina after she accidentally destroyed Carly's class project, indicating that he still had feelings for her at the time).
Three Unnamed Ridgeway Girls (2011) In iPity The Nevel A random group of three Ridgeway girls all mentioned they thought Freddie was hot at Nevel's "Karma" party after the Fredward Cullen sketch. They were again seen saying that he should do more Fredward Cullen sketches at the Groovie Smoothie before he went out with Patrice.
Patrice (2011) Patrice asked Freddie for a date in iPity The Nevel
￼after seeing his vampire impression on iCarly. However, when Gibby showed up (dressed as a werewolf) at the Groovie Smoothie while they were on their date, Patrice decided she was "more into the werewolf type", followed by Gibby entering the room dressed werewolf-like. When Freddie angrily shouts, "Gibby, you have a girlfriend!" Gibby responds with, "We're not exclusive." before he and Patrice leave the Groovie Smoothie together.
Sam Puckett (Sixth grade - present, Ex-Girlfriend, Best friend, Possible Admirer.) ￼
Sam and Freddie shared their first kiss in iKiss (just to "get it over with."). After she kissed him in iOMG, they became a couple in iLost My Mind. They broke up at the end of iLove You, and then said that they loved each other. In iPear Store, Sam mentioned that she and Freddie dated for a while. She also said, "He's still in love with me, it's kinda sad,". And in iGoodbye, Freddie asks if she wants to get back together, she responses "What?.. Wait do you..?" and changes the subject, leaving the question unanswered. Making the fans wonder if Freddie still has feelings for her, and vice versa. (For details, see Seddie).
Freddie's Random Spanish Outbursts Freddie often speaks Spanish phrases and words throughout the iCarly series, some of which make sense, while most times it is random and does not pertain to the subject to which the other characters are speaking. His Spanish speaking is rubbing off on other characters, like Carly and Sam. There is an underlying reason to Freddie's random Spanish, a reason that Dan Schneider says he will reveal in a future Season 4 episode. A theory among fans is that the tracking chip implanted by Freddie's mother is malfunctioning. (The chip was inserted by a "questionable" Venezuelan doctor.) In the iCarly Series Finale, iGoodbye, Gibby asks Freddie why does he sometimes talk on Spanish. Freddie wanted to answer, but the guy at the kiosk interrupted him and it is never revealed why.
iWant My Website Back *"Cómo?" - means "how?".
iMust Have Locker 239 *"Arriba!" - a Spanish exclamation of happiness or approval or up.
iDate A Bad Boy *"Buenos días, muchacha(lata)s!" - means "Good morning, girls!"
iCook *"Queso" - means "cheese"; *"Fantástico" - means "fantastic"; *"Gracias" - means "thank you"; *"Carne" - means "meat".
iCarly Awards *"Con mucho gusto" - means "I'd like to" *"Hula gusto!" - Hula refers to Hula hoops while *"gusto" means "like" or "pleasure"..
iHave My Principals *"Pantalones" - means "pants"; *"Arriba" - a Spanish exclamation of happiness or approval.
iMove Out *"Casa de Freddo" - means/meant to mean "house of Freddie", "Freddie's house" or "House of the Freddo."
iSaved Your Life *"Agua" - means "water".
iQuit iCarly *"Hola, David." - means "Hello, Dave/David.".
iSpace Out *"Maravilloso" - means "marvelous.".
iFix a Pop Star *"Señor" - means "sir" or "mister"; *"finalmente" - means "finally"; *"Calcetín" - means "sock".
iBelieve in Bigfoot *"El-Foo-tah-jee-gantico" - not Spanish, just a Spanish-sounding way to say "Bigfoot". *"Interesante" - means "interesting"
iWon't Cancel The Show *"Los frijoles calientes queman mis pantalones, hoooooooo!!" - means "The hot beans burn my pants, hoooooooo!!!".
iPsycho *"Feliz Navidad" - means "Merry Christmas", although it would have made sense if he had said "Feliz Cumpleaños" (happy birthday), as he said it in a message for Gibby wishing him a happy birthday. *"Adiós" - means "goodbye." *"Veo" - means "look".
iBeat the Heat *"Tubos yellos" - technically not Spanish, just meant to sound as if he were saying "yellow tubes" in Spanish. *"Ungüento" - means "ointment".
iGot a Hot Room *"Aquí" - means "here".
iGet Pranky *"Ocho" - means "eight".
iSell Penny-Tees *"Queso" - means "cheese".
iDo *"Albóndigas" - means "meatballs".
iStart a Fanwar *"Chorizo" - means "sausage"; *"por fin" - means "finally".
iStill Psycho *"Cabeza" - means "head";
"Pañal" - means "diaper"; *"Correcto" - means "correct"
iToe Fat Cakes *"Estados Unidos" - means "United States"
iApril Fools *"Sí, pelo largo" - means "Yes, long hair"; *"Niños" - means "kids"
iGo One Direction "Hola" - means "Hi" or "Hello"; "Carne" - means "meat"
iShock America *"Gigante!" - means "Big" or "Giant"
iFind Spencer Friends *"Grande" - means "Large"
iGoodbye *" Cabeza Duplicada" - means "Duplicated head"
Freddie is the only main character in the show without a sibling (Carly has a brother named Spencer, a fellow main character, Sam has a twin sister named Melanie, and Gibby has a brother named Guppy).
In iRescue Carly it was revealed that Freddie had formerly taken ballet lessons, most likely due to the fact that Mrs. Benson wanted a daughter.
Freddie is more hyperactive in iPilot than in other episodes though he remains fairly energetic throughout the rest of the series.
Freddie and Gibby are the only main characters that did not have a birthday episode.
￼Freddie's new Penny-T
In iDate Sam & Freddie, it is revealed Freddie has lost some of his hearing. This became known when Sam revealed she first started liking him after she pushed him into a bike messenger. The bike messenger accidentally knocked Freddie down and his head hit a fire hydrant. He laid there moaning with blood coming out of his ears. Freddie personally believes it was worth the hearing loss.
His ex-girlfriend and best friend is Carly Shay.
Freddie wore a new Penny T in iDate Sam & Freddie. It was gray and had the phrase, "Penny Tease" on it in red letters.
The audience finds out that Freddie knows about the tracking chip his mother put in his head in iDate Sam & Freddie.
His "before the start of the webshow" countdown ("In 5...4...3...2...!") can be considered a catchphrase, even outside the webshow. He used it in iWas A Pageant Girl, iGive Away a Car, and he mocked Sam for saying the "1" in iTake on Dingo ("You don't say the one!"). Also, in iHire An Idiot, he started the countdown, but as he reaches the end, Cort unexpectedly yells, "ONE!" much to his annoyance. This was reenacted in iLost My Mind, when Freddie does the countdown, and the mental patients shout "ONE!!!" Carly omitted the "one" when she did the countdown (iKiss). It's mentioned again in iChristmas when Carly explains that she doesn't understand why he omits the one, but she likes it anyway. Freddie does say the one in iFight Shelby Marx, but this is in a countdown to the end of a fight. He also skipped it when Sam rolls him from the couch in iStill Psycho. He also used it (without the one) in iFind Lewbert's Lost Love when he was about to roll the scene where Martha, Lewbert's ex-girlfriend was about to enter the building, much to Carly's annoyance. This countdown was also made the introduction in the iCarly opening theme.
Not saying "1" is a common practice amongst camerapeople when they do countdowns.
Freddie has cried four times so far: in iWanna Stay with Spencer (because he was upset Carly was leaving); in iPromise Not to Tell (because he thought he was going to juvie); in iQuit iCarly (because he didn't want Carly and Sam to split up); and iFix a Pop Star (because he was forked in the shoulder and was under a lot of pain).
Freddie is allergic to bees (mentioned in iSpy a Mean Teacher) and onions (mentioned in Sam's Christmas Blog on iCarly.com).
The equipment on his cart includes an old TV antenna, a PlayStation Controller, and a dashboard. Most of the equipment on the cart are things Nathan Kress doesn't even recognize.￼
During the Drake & Josh days, Dan Schneider had cast Nathan Kress as Toplin, a nerdy boy who had a crush on Megan Parker (Drake's sister and Josh's stepsister, played by Miranda Cosgrove) in the episode "Battle of the Panthatar." However, when he saw the potential Kress had, he gave him a character on iCarly, this time as a boy who had a massive crush on Carly (also played by Miranda Cosgrove). As for Toplin's scenes, they were ultimately cut, because the producers were worried that the young Nickelodeon fans would be confused by seeing Nathan on Drake & Josh playing a character similar to Freddie.
In iGet Pranky, Freddie revealed that he was a Boy Scout (although he should have been a Boy Sprout, since on the show, the Girl Scouts are known as the Girl Sprouts).
Freddie can Fence, and is a member of the Ridgeway High School Fencing Club. In iMeet Fred, he is also said to be a member of the Junior Bow and Arrow Club, as well as the Mathletes (iSaw Him First). He is also a member of the AV Club.
In iMove Out, it is revealed that Freddie's mom, Marissa Benson, kept him inside her for eleven months ("I wanted to make sure you were done!").
Freddie is the only member of the main cast who hasn't gotten a birthday episode yet.
Freddie's star sign is an Aquarius.
In the second season, Freddie's voice got lower due to puberty, although it's noticeable that his voice slowly gets lower as the finale of the first season approaches.
In a promo for an episode, it shows a timeline of the episodes. Freddie's name is misspelled when it shows the title of the episode - iWill Date Freddy (instead of the actual title, iWill Date Freddie).
As of iLost My Mind, Freddie has had three girlfriends. Coincidentally, all three of them are (or were) web show hosts.￼
In iApril Fools it is implied that Freddie MAY have kids with Sam or Carly in the future.
Freddie is the first main character to get kissed (on the nose by Carly), and the first main character to get kissed on the lips (by Valerie), although in iKiss, he reveals he has never kissed anyone.
In the May 4, 2012 episode of the NBC series "Who Do You Think You Are?", featuring the ancestry of actress Rashida Jones' mother, it is revealed that "Benson" is a Jewish surname that originated in Latvia.
Freddie has had one job throughout the show in iPear Store at the Pear Store.
Freddie was supposed to be born in December but his mom was pregnant with him for 11 months-2 more months than she should have so he was born in February.
Freddie likes baseball (As revealed in iToe Fat Cakes).
It is revealed in iRescue Carly that Freddie used to take ballet lessons.
Freddie says the last line of the series "And we're clear."
In iSaved Your Life, it was shown that Freddie had a huge picture of Carly on his closet door.
It seems as though Freddie frequently wore striped shirts in season 1, which may explain why Sam hated him so much, considering the fact Sam hates stripes.
￼"I can never love you, either. You're a bra!"
In the Sam & Cat special, The Killer Tuna Jump, Freddie revealed he still has feelings for Sam.
Freddie was the first iCarly star to appear on Sam & Cat. (second if you include Sam since she is the main character.)
Freddie appeared in an episode of Sam & Cat called #TheKillerTunaJump. In one episode however, Sam contacted Freddie off screen to trace an IP address.
In a 2019 interview for NickRewind, Anthony Padilla asked Nathan Kress what Freddie would be up to today. Kress initially replied by saying Freddie would have moved to Palo Alto and met a cute programmer, but after thinking about it some more he and Padilla agreed Freddie would still be living with his mom.
Freddie's Spanish outbursts are in English instead in both the Latin American Spanish and Castilian Spanish dubs.
According to Nathan Kress in the official iCarly locker tour video by Nickelodeon, Freddie really wanted to learn to drive at some point.
submitted by shlttyshittymorph
to copypasta [link] [comments]
2020.08.29 23:40 Mel_theexplorer778 RECENT COLLEGE GRAD asks childhood Crush Miranda Cosgrove on Epic Bucket List Date https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEW751Ig555/?igshid=1ut0n3a1bajqr
submitted by Mel_theexplorer778 to MadeMeSmile [link] [comments]
2020.08.28 07:33 1baberuth Kid creates EPIC video asking Miranda Cosgrove out on a “Bucket List Date”
2020.08.28 05:45 Mel_theexplorer778 Guy asks childhood crush Miranda Cosgrove on Epic Date with crazy video
submitted by Mel_theexplorer778 to Unexpected [link] [comments]
2020.08.27 02:32 Mel_theexplorer778 EPIC date proposal to Miranda Cosgrove
submitted by Mel_theexplorer778
to dateideas [link] [comments]
2020.08.27 00:58 Mel_theexplorer778 Guy is asking out childhood crush Miranda Cosgrove on a BUCKET LIST DATE
submitted by Mel_theexplorer778 to FellowKids [link] [comments]
2020.08.26 22:35 1baberuth I made a video asking Miranda Cosgrove out on a date! help me get this to her 😂 (link in comments)
2020.07.26 07:18 RoughVisit Just realized Victoria Justice is in the iCarly universe 3 times!
1) Shelby Marx - iCarly (as a character in the show)
2) Tori - Victorious (iParty w/ Victorious when Carly and Tori date the same guy)
3) Lola - Zoey101 (Lola looks up iCarly online s4 ep5)
I'm rewatching Zoey101 sporadically, not in order just episodes I remember liking, and I was watching S4 Ep 5 and Lola goes on their computer and looks up iCarly.
This means that 'Victoria Justice' exists in the iCarly universe 3 times!
I know all shows are made by Dan Schnider and a lot of actors/actresses show up multiple times, but I just find it funny that this is the first time I'm realizing this!
What are other shows that you know that include the same person multiple times?
I know miranda cosgrove is in it twice (drake and josh and iCarly) same with Jerry Trainor.
Also, question, has it been confirmed that all of Dan Schniders shows are in the same universe because of these small cameos & crossovers?
I haven't watched or even remember much from when I was younger, so if this has already been well known or well talked about sorry, haha. I just thought it was really cool
submitted by RoughVisit
to icarly [link] [comments]
2020.07.24 22:20 spilver24Jul Scream Se-x Sce-ne
2020.07.04 02:12 rageman2 Ranking Every Sugababes Album
In the last year, I’ve discovered one of my new favorite girl groups, the Sugababes. Living in the U.S., I never actually heard about them. The only exposure I ever had to them was Miranda Cosgrove’s cover of ‘About You Now,’ which I didn’t even know was a cover until last year. This group is absurdly underrated nowadays, so I thought I’d post this ranking not only to express my thoughts on their amazing discography but also to spark some conversation about them and maybe inspire some of you guys to check out their albums.
*7. Sweet 7
‘Sweet 7’ was the last album made by the group, which at this point retained none of its original members. I find it hilarious that the group on the cover of ‘One Touch’ is completely different from the group on the cover of this album, despite both having the Sugababes name. If I had to sum up this album in one statement, I’d say that it’s the essence of 2009. It is hilariously dated, with songs such as ‘Miss Everything’ and ‘She’s a Mess’ reflecting the party/fame driven pop culture of the time. The lyrics are often cringy, the production hasn’t aged well, the girls lack the chemistry of the previous lineups…
…and I fucking love it. This album is a trashy, overproduced, outdated mess and I love every single minute of it. Even with that said, there are some genuinely great songs on here (‘About a Girl’ and ‘Wait For You’ are legitimately great bangers) that have been staples on my party playlists since I’ve discovered them. If you miss this era of pop music, then definitely give ‘Sweet 7’ a listen.
Favorite Song: ‘About a Girl’
Least Favorite: ‘Give It to Me Now’
*6. Catfights and Spotlights
‘Catfights and Spotlights,’ aside from having the best title of any of their albums, is arguably the group’s most cohesive album, with each song having an almost theatrical and over-the-top quality. The songwriting is some of the sharpest in the group’s discography, with ‘You on a Good Day,’ ‘Can We Call a Truce,’ and ‘Every Heart Broken’ having some of the funniest lines I’ve ever heard in a pop album. In addition to this, ‘Sound of Goodbye’ is one of if not my favorite ballad from the group. Each song is campy fun, and even though I do think the cohesiveness can lead to some songs blending in with each other on first listenings, this album exhibits what makes the group so much fun and diverse, sounding nothing like any of their other albums while also having the undeniable Sugababes quality.
Favorite Song: ‘She’s Like a Star’
Least Favorite: ‘Girls’
‘Change’ is, in my opinion, the most purely pop album by the Sugababes. Many of the songs are very radio-friendly (in 2007 standards), so I do think some of the distinct personality of the group is missing from this one. However, that doesn’t mean this album is bad in any way. A lot of the songs here rank as my personal favorites by the group, with ‘My Love is Pink’ being my all-time favorite Sugababes song. In addition to this, ‘Never Gonna Dance Again,’ ‘About You Now,’ ‘Denial,’ and ‘3 Spoons of Suga’ are absolute BANGERS that you should definitely listen to if you’re a fan of dance-pop. While I do think this album is a bit inconsistent since it has some of their weaker cuts along some of their best, I do think this is a great album for pop music junkies such as myself.
Favorite Song: ‘My Love is Pink’
Least Favorite: ‘Back When’
*4. One Touch
Despite being their first album, ‘One Touch’ is arguably the most mature album in the Sugababes’ discography. Leaning more on the R&B side than pop, this album has some of the group’s best-written and sonically beautiful songs. The album is truly timeless, with songs like ‘Overload’ and ‘Run for Cover’ being surprisingly ahead of their time by discussing topics like anxiety and mental health. While being lyrically the deepest of their albums, the melodies are also some of their catchiest. The choruses of ‘One Foot In,’ ‘Real Thing,’ ‘Don’t Wanna Wait,’ and ‘Sugababes on the Run’ (a B-side, but I still include it as being on the album) will be stuck in your head for days after listening to them. In addition to this, ‘One Touch’ is the only album featuring the original lineup of Keisha, Mutya, and Siobhan. The three make an amazing trio and their voices complement each other very well, with the harmonies in this album (particularly on ‘Soul Sound’) being the best of the group’s whole discography. Unlike many artists’ first albums, this album still sounds fresh and not dated in any way, with the girls at their lyrical best. I truly can’t say there are any skips on this album, it is really that consistently great. If you love early-2000s pop and R&B, this album is definitely for you.
Favorite Song: ‘Don’t Wanna Wait’ (damn near tied with ‘Soul Sound,’ but I have to pick one lol)
Least Favorite: ‘Forever’ (another B-side, but if I had to pick one from the album proper it’d probably be ‘Look at Me’)
*3. Angels With Dirty Faces
The second album and first lineup change of many, ‘Angels With Dirty Faces’ pushed the group into a more pop and mainstream sound. Heidi Range (from another group called Atomic Kitten) was brought in as a replacement for Siobhan after she left the group. I love this lineup of the group the best since I feel like most of their strongest work came from it. From what I’ve read, this seems to be when the group got their true mainstream breakthrough. The girls this time discuss themes such as sexuality and power in relationships, but it never comes across as forced or trying too hard to appeal to a wider audience. It truly feels like a follow-up to and natural progression from their debut album. This album not only has some of their biggest and best hit songs such as ‘Stronger,’ ‘Angels With Dirty Faces,’ and the stupidly catchy ‘Round Round,’ but it also has some of their best deep cuts, with ‘Virgin Sexy,’ ‘Switch,’ and ’Supernatural,’ just to name a few. This album exemplifies the Sugababes’ knack for hooks that will stay with you long after the song is over. I also love the addition of ‘Breathe Easy’ at the end of the album since it ends things on a calm note after the generally hook-heavy and uptempo songs (which is a very Mariah Carey move lol). This album is early-2000s pop perfection that is accessible to anyone. If you haven’t listened to any Sugababes albums before, I’d recommend starting with this one since I believe it embodies everything quintessential to the group.
Favorite Song: ‘Angels With Dirty Faces’ (extremely hard to pick between this, ‘Virgin Sexy,’ and ‘Switch,’ but I gave this one the edge for its awesome spoken-word bridge)
Least Favorite: ‘More Than a Million Miles’
*2. Taller in More Ways
If ‘Angels With Dirty Faces’ nudged the Sugababes in a more pop direction, then the group’s fourth album ‘Taller in More Ways’ fully embraces it. Featuring some of the group’s most iconic singles such as ‘Push the Button,’ ‘Red Dress,’ and the ‘Beautiful’ by Christina Aguilera reminiscent ‘Ugly,’ this truly is a pop lover's album. Featuring the most insanely catchy and hook-heavy songs, the tracks draw inspiration from a wide variety of genres such as 80s synth-pop, rock, and mid-2000s R&B and crunk, creating the group’s most sonically diverse experience. This album has some of the best deep cuts I’ve heard in a pop album period, such as ‘Ace Reject,’ ‘2 Hearts,’ and the infectious ‘Joy Division.’ The album also retains the clever songwriting that is present in previous albums, with ‘Gotta Be You’ and ‘It Ain’t Easy’ addressing media speculation á la ‘Piece of Me’ by Britney Spears, while ‘Better’ and ‘Follow Me Home’ are some of the most uplifting songs in the group’s catalog. This album makes me want to dance, laugh, cry, and be a slut all in less than an hour’s span, which is truly why I listen to pop music.
Favorite Song: ‘Joy Division’
Least Favorite: ‘Future Shokk!’ or ‘Favourite Song’ (both B-sides, but if I had to pick one from the album proper, I’d probably pick ‘Now You’re Gone’)
This, to me, is the Sugababes album. It is that bitch. In my opinion, ‘Three’ represents the Sugababes at their creative apex. The album manages to sound epic, sexy, and danceable all at once. Not only does it include hits such as ‘Hole in the Head,’ ‘Caught in a Moment,’ and ‘Too Lost in You’ (arguably their best ballad), but it also includes one of the strongest track listings I’ve ever seen in any girl group album. There is absolutely no filler. The level of amazing songwriting, harmonies, and hooks is sustained throughout the whole album. From the explosive chorus of ‘A Million Different Ways’ to the sexiness of ‘Nasty Ghetto’ to the heart-wrenching lyrics of ‘Maya’ (a tribute to Mutya’s late sister), each song is masterfully produced and sonically rich, making for an experience unlike any other album I’ve ever heard. And this is before we even get to what is arguably the greatest song in the Sugababes’ catalog, ‘Whatever Makes You Happy,’ which is actually a solo by Keisha. If you ever want to feel like a bad bitch, please listen to that song! ‘Three’ is not only the Sugababes’ best album, but it is also the best album made by a girl group that I’ve ever heard. This may sound dramatic, but I liken it to Britney’s ‘Blackout’ and Christina Aguilera’s ‘Stripped’ since those albums represent the obvious high points of their respective artists. In my opinion, this album is on that caliber of perfectly produced and beautifully written pop albums. A true masterpiece that I reallllly wish more people knew about.
Favorite Song: ‘Whatever Makes You Happy’ (seriously, if you take nothing else from this post, please just listen to this song)
Least Favorite: ‘Sometimes’
Well, that took a while to write out lol. I hope this inspired at least some people to listen to the Sugababes since I really do think they have one of the strongest catalogs of any artists I listen to. They are criminally underrated nowadays, but it looks like the original lineup of Keisha, Mutya, and Siobhan have gotten together and released some material together (‘Flatline’ is an excellent song by them), so hopefully that will spark some more interest in the band’s back catalog. I don’t think all of their albums are on Spotify (with One Touch, Catfights and Spotlights, Taller in More Ways, Angels With Dirty Faces, and their greatest hits collection being the only ones I see) and I’m not sure if they’re on Apple Music, but I recommend checking out some of their best songs on Youtube and diving deep into their discography from there if you like what you hear. Alternatively, listening to Overloaded (their greatest hits collection) would be a good place to start if you wanted to get into the group. Anyways, this post is too long as it is so I’ll end it right there, but feel free to comment any of your guys’ thoughts on the Sugababes! I’d love to hear some other opinions!
submitted by rageman2
to popheads [link] [comments]
2020.06.03 19:02 hikkaru 2017* Electropopflops Rate (Allie X / Charli XCX / Kim Petras / Tove Lo)
Hello everyone, and welcome to the 2017 Electropopflops Rate! I'm your friendly neighbourhood women-singing-over-electronic-production stan and I'll be your co-host this month, alongside the stellar u/worlds-okayest666
! After a few cycles of attempting to get these albums rated, it is FINALLY happening! We're super excited to celebrate pride month by rating these ladies that are very appreciated by the LGBT+ community for their support and, for a couple of them, inclusion within said community.
Here's what flops we'll be rating this month: Allie X - CollXtion II
After making her official debut in 2015 with the EP “CollXtion I”, planned to be the first in a series of five releases, Allie X quickly garnered momentum in the pop world and got to work on her first full length album. In 2016, Allie announced the project “CollXtion II: Unsolved”, which saw her releasing various demos and potential album tracks throughout the year to see what fans wanted on the album. Finally, in 2017, “CollXtion II” was released, with only three tracks from the Unsolved project making it onto the final tracklisting. The album revolves around themes of longing and being lost, with each track intended to represent different pieces of herself. Ranging from moody, strikingly personal synth-pop tracks to pure 80s-pop inspired bangers, the album is somewhat more Top 40-friendly than CollXtion I but luckily manages to still retain her unique aesthetic and dark pop sound, resulting in an album that’s anything but generic. Despite some of the singles charting relatively high in Canada, the album itself ended up seeing little commercial success and failed to appear on any major charts. While it may not have reached the heights it deserved to, CollXtion II is a perfect showcase of the reason Allie’s garnered such a dedicated fanbase; her sheer talent in crafting perfect pop songs. (-u/worlds-okayest666)
Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel
- Paper Love
- Need You (feat. Valley Girl)
- Simon Says
- Old Habits Die Hard
- That's So Us
- True Love Is Violent
- Casanova (Remix) (feat. Vérité)
In 2016, Charli XCX released “Vroom Vroom”, a collection of 4 tracks produced entirely by PC Music affiliate SOPHIE. This EP saw Charli eschewing the pop punk attitude and commercial appeal of her previous album, Sucker, in favor of a more experimental electropop sound. Although reaction to the EP was somewhat divisive at first, this didn’t deter Charli, who sought to bring this sound to the mainstream with her third studio album. Unfortunately, the album would go on to suffer various delays, causing Charli to become frustrated with her label and start recording music behind their back. This would end up resulting in her third mixtape, “Number 1 Angel”, created in two weeks with PC Music founder A.G. Cook, as well as several other producers associated with the label (including previous collaborator SOPHIE). Boasting features from MØ, CupcakKe, and Uffie, among others, the 10-track mixtape builds upon the avant-pop style of Vroom Vroom while also fusing it with Charli’s ability to write amazing commercial pop hits, resulting in a surprisingly cohesive project with some of her biggest bops to date. Although the record is often overshadowed by its far more experimental successor, “Pop 2”, Number 1 Angel is a fantastic record in itself and a highlight of Charli’s discography. (-u/worlds-okayest666)
Kim Petras - Era 1
- Dreamer (feat. Starrah & RAYE)
- 3AM (Pull Up) (feat. MØ)
- Blame It On U
- Roll with Me
- White Roses
- Babygirl (feat. Uffie)
- Drugs (feat. ABRA)
- Lipgloss (feat. CupcakKe)
Kim Petras, already known for her appearance in the media as a teenager while she transitioned, debuted in 2017 with the synthy, bratty, and infectious single “I Don’t Want It At All”, which kickstarted the career of one of pop's most promising newcomers. Over the next year or so, Kim released ten other tracks to accompany her debut in a singular “era”, signified by the rainbow neon outline of her visage on the single covers. Though not officially released as an entire album, Kim and her fans alike have taken to calling this group of singles Era 1, and it is certainly a cohesive enough project to be considered an entire project - each song is an unabashedly electropop bop. With the release of these songs, Kim was gaining many new fans, but she was also garnering a lot of criticism for her decision to work exclusively with Dr. Luke in her music despite the lawsuit wherein pop icon Kesha accused him of abuse and sexual assault, and unfortunately Kim has said very little on the matter. Still, she’s managed to carve out a solid fanbase, and is a trailblazer for trans artists seeing mainstream success. (-u/hikkaru)
Tove Lo - BLUE LIPS (lady wood phase II)
- 1,2,3 dayz up (feat. SOPHIE)
- Homework (feat. lil aaron)
- If U Think About Me...
- Heart to Break
- All the Time
- Can't Do Better
- Faded (feat. lil aaron)
- Slow It Down
- Hills (feat. Baby E)
- Hillside Boys
- I Don't Want It At All
Following her explosion into the mainstream across the world with the smash hit “Habits (Stay High)” and follow-up single “Talking Body”, Swedish artist Tove Lo looked to continue that with 2016’s “Lady Wood”, an album that stuck to current trends in attempt to gain another hit. However, that album failed to replicate the success of her debut, with the lead single barely charting. Lady Wood was the first of two albums in an anthology, with the sequel Blue Lips releasing just a year later. While Lady Wood aimed for success, Blue Lips goes completely raw and dark - tracks range from emotional wails backed by roaring synths to sweaty (and very horny) club bangers like lead single “Disco Tits”. Ultimately, Blue Lips failed to come anywhere close to Tove’s first two releases on the charts, with it debuting at #138 on the Billboard 200 in lieu of the top 20 positions she had seen previously. Despite that, Blue Lips is a solid and immensely cohesive album that certainly deserved far better. (-u/hikkaru)
- disco tits
- shivering gold
- dont ask dont tell
- romantics (feat. Daye Jack)
- 9th of october
- bad days
- hey you got drugs?
- bitches (Remix) (feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop, Elliphant, & ALMA)
We're both incredibly pumped for this rate, and are equally nervous and excited for the messiness it is sure to bring. The rate will be due July 17th! If you have any questions about this rate or rates in general, feel free to ask any questions in the comments, DM either of the cohosts, or find us in the popheads discord server!
- Listen to every song listed below and assign each of them a score from 1 to 10. Decimals are allowed, but refrain from going past one decimal place - 7.5 is fine, 7.75 is not!
- You may give ONE song a 0 and ONE song an 11. If you don’t want to, you don’t have to. These should be reserved for your favourite track and least favourite track!
- Rate all forty-five (45) songs! If you skip any, your ballot won’t be counted (We will let you know if you do so you can remedy that).
- Please use the pre-prepared link to submit your scores! Note that if you're trying to access on a mobile device or on the new reddit layout it may not work - as such, we have made it so the link will take you to old.reddit.com, and you should use a computer to send in your scores if possible! If it still does not work, a pastebin with the submission form is at the bottom of this post and may be copy/pasted into a DM if need be!
- If you desire to change any scores after you’ve already submitted, simply message either of the cohosts (u/hikkaru, u/worlds-okayest666) and we'll be glad to help!
- We will be keeping an eye out for sabotage, and there will be a minimum average enforced for the albums. If you truly do have very strong opinions on a song or album, leave a comment explaining why and things will go over much more smoothly.
- It is highly encouraged that you add a comment to your song ratings! Do this by adding a space after the score and then typing to your heart’s desire, like this:
Lipgloss (feat. cupcakKe): 10 Miranda Cosgrove is shaking
- You may also add comments for whole albums! You may do this by adding a colon to the album title in the rate form, like so:
Album: Blue Lips: Why is the album cover red?
Apple Music Playlist
Pastebin of submission form (in case the link below is not working)
submitted by hikkaru
to popheads [link] [comments]
2019.08.19 06:35 j259awesome M-Q 5k-10k
submitted by j259awesome
to u/j259awesome [link] [comments]
2019.06.27 17:57 Ghost-Quartet Make It Pop: A Retrospective Of XO-IQ, Nickelodeon's Failed Girl Group
Intro: Make It Pop!
Hi, welcome to another installment of “popheads user Ghost-Quartet
writes way too much about commercial music intended for young girls in order to justify the fact that he’s an adult man listening to it.” In my continuous quest to make all of you listen to children’s music, I’m back with another writeup, this time about a forgotten gem of a girl group from Nickelodeon, the first group that I ever truly stanned, XO-IQ. I’ve seen people who still stan former Nick artists like Big Time Rush, Miranda Cosgrove, and the cast of Victorious, but I’ve never really seen a redemption for my girls and that ends today.
A bit of backstory about me is that I’m a huge musical theatre fan, the point where that’s what I got my bachelor’s degree in. So for the early portions of my life I listened exclusively to showtunes/showtunes adjacent songs, partially because I loved it and partially because I was one of those kids who thought they were better than everyone else for not liking things that were popular. Fortunately I’ve grown out of that phase and the music of XO-IQ was a huge factor in that.
Now, for those of you who don’t know, Make It Pop was a Canadian musical television show
that aired on Nickelodeon from 2015-2016. The show centered around three girls at a boarding school who meet a DJ who convinces them to form a girl group named XO-IQ. A typical corny Nickelodeon sitcom, XO-IQ were intended to release real music through the show and they actually ended up with a pretty sizable discography. You can read more about Nickelodeon’s exploits in the music industry here in this great masterpost
, but the gist of it is that they’ve always lagged behind Disney when it comes to creating and promoting acts.
The other thing that made this show so important was that all three members of XO-IQ were Asian, and though only one of the three members was Korean the show was pitched as something of a “tribute to Kpop.” This didn’t quite come out of nowhere as Nickelodeon actually has something of a history with Kpop: when Korean supergroup Wonder Girls were attempting to crossover into the American market they eventually found a home with TeenNick who promoted the girls and gave them their own TV movie,
with plans for an eventual tv show.
Though the show (and most of their dreams of success in America) fell through, executive producer Nick Cannon recognized the similarities between the hyper pop-art style of Kpop and Nickelodeon’s aesthetic/goals which eventually lead to this show.
The show caught a lot of flack when it was first announced for a few reasons:
- People decried the show for “appropriating” Korean culture and watering down Kpop for a Western audience. For example, this petition to stop the show from airing was created after a pilot script for the show leaked, when the show was barely in its conceptual stages. Everyone involved in the show tried to make it very clear that the show is not about Kpop, there are references to Kpop (for example these outfits which pay homage to f(x)) but ultimately the girls are in a Western girl group.
- On some level this is damage control as they’re equally likely to call the show a tribute to Kpop, but beyond the fact that the three girls are API and the general presentation of the musical numbers (lots of flashy costumes and choreography, and an emphasis on rapping in some of the songs) it’s a very conventional “getting the band together” story.
- There was also controversy around the star of the show, Megan Lee, because she had broken her contract with Soul Shop Entertainment (a Korean record company) in order to do the show, angering Kpop fans who called her a fame vulture. I can’t say I agree with them, she can do what she wants.
- However the absolute peak of the controversy was when the producer of the show responded to a query about the lack of Asian males on the show by quipping “Asian guys on my show? Not gonna happen.” Now, this is kind of a weird thing to talk about because the only source for this is an eyewitness account that was never substantiated. Neither Nickelodeon nor Thomas Lynch (allegedly the man who said it) ever felt the need to comment on it, though when questioned about it Megan Lee insists that casting was open-ethnicity.
- It’s true that there weren’t any major Asian male characters on the first season of the show, but season two did introduce L3, a dreamy rival boy band who also acted as love interests for some of the girls. (Alex, the blonde one, was the cutest. The actor was 24 at the time so it’s not creepy for me to say that.)
But anyways, back to me. I’m Vietnamese on my mother’s side so Asian representation in the media has always been very important to me, so I avoided this show for a while assuming that it was trash. While perusing the blog of Asian-American entertainment activist Erin Quill (a badass
, if a little bit eccentric) I came across her post on the show’s controversy
and she made some points. I mean, Nickelodeon has had more shows about ninjas than Asian people. I decided to look the show up out of morbid curiosity and I queued up the first video that came up, “Do It,”
and I got hooked.
(Also! Due to an illegal deal on the part of the songwriter, Kpop star Hyuna also released her own version of this very same song,
so, checkmate salty Kpop fans who say the music sucks.)
Keep in mind that I had no knowledge or real exposure to pop music at this point, but when it hit that soaring chorus it triggered something inside of me. It was a pure blast of sugar, and then there were those sinfully trashy verses that were so wrong, and yet, so right. I binged a bunch of their videos and then hopped on to iTunes and bought the soundtrack for the second season, the first real pop album that I had ever purchased. I listened to it on repeat for months. And it’s all been downhill from there.
Anyways, I’m gonna do what I do
and take you through a guided tour of the discography and legacy of these legends of N-Pop. (N-Pop is Nickelodeon Pop.) As always I am 100% serious about this. I will admit that they have some pretty awful songs
but they also had a lot of good music, both unironically and ironically.
The Music So let’s meet our cast. I won’t talk much about the characters and their roles on the show because that’s tertiary to all of this but I did do some digging about what the members are up to now so read if you’re interested:
On the show XO-IQ were put together by a DJ, and this is reflected by their music which is very pop with an EDM/club focus, which ranges from sounding fresh to sounding throwback. Nickelodeon club music sounds like a joke but trust me, the girls put out some bangers. Their season one releases were very light fare but they showed surprising maturity with their sophomore LP Tomorrow Is Ours where they branched out into different styles, refining their club sound but bringing in a more diverse set of influences. It’s a shame the show was cancelled because I was genuinely interested in the musical evolution of the group.
- Louriza Tronco plays Jodi, the “fashionista” of the group. She has a low, nasally voice that’s very emotive, she infuses her lines and solos with a lot of character.
- Erika Tham plays Corki, the smart one who’s shy because her overbearing father won’t let her be herself. She has a silky smooth voice which she inject surprising swag into. She’s the only member of the group to never get a solo song!
- Megan Lee plays Sun-Hi, the leader of the group who’s obsessed with being famous. Her voice is strong and warm, it forms the foundation of the group and carries them through their showier moments. I personally find her hilarious.
- Dale Whibley plays Caleb, he’s technically part of the group because in the show he’s the DJ but the actual actor isn’t involved in any of the music production so he’s irrelevant to us. They let him shake the maraca in this performance and that’s it.
For a fake band from a two season show XO-IQ have a shockingly massive discography. Technically they released five albums, a Christmas EP, a summer EP, a collaboration EP with L3, and a digital single. This is mostly due to the format of the show: there are one or two musical numbers per episode, however due to there being far more episodes than songs there are multiple versions of each song. Mostly the songs get remixed, however occasionally there are recordings of different arrangements or different singers. This leads to a confusing situation where the soundtrack for season one is split between four albums, however volumes three and four are almost entirely remixes. ON TOP OF THIS the versions played on the show are not the full versions of the songs, they’re abridged for broadcast so the versions on the soundtrack are longer.
Fortunately they figured this out by season two, and all of the songs are condensed into one regular album entitled Tomorrow Is Ours. Because of this I’ll be splitting this next part into three sections:
I’ll try to limit myself to five songs and under per section, just to keep things under control. I’m starting with Tomorrow Is Ours because that’s what I really want to talk about (it’s such a good album) but don’t stop reading after that because there were definitely bops in the other sections as well.
- Tomorrow Is Ours (Songs from Season Two)
- Make It Pop, Volumes 1-4 (Songs from Season One)
- Miscellaneous Songs
Interested in the music but for some reason don’t want to hear me talk about it? I made a Spotify playlist for easier access.
Tomorrow Is Ours
“Back To Me” I’m gonna lead off with this one because I think it’s a great introduction to both the group’s core sound, and one of their best songs in general. It’s an EDM flavored pop song with low-key verses and an explosive chorus, which is what you can expect from most of their songs, but don’t think they don’t have some tricks up their sleeve! This song is a torch song, and a surprisingly effective one to boot. The way the quiet, low-key verses of the song build into an in-your-face chorus that’s a plea for this someone to return does a great job of enhancing the emotions conveyed in the lyrics, and the second verse in particular pulls at my heartstrings a little bit. The weird garbled vocals during the outro are a nice touch as well.
“Situation Wild” / “Acoustic Version” One of the groups wilder songs, it’s about nothing but it sounds like everything. True to its name this is a very wild track, from the second the song blasts open we’re treated to quirky chirps and whistles that feel lifted straight from “Bad Girls” by Donna Summer and chants of the group’s name that somehow aren’t annoying. This song sails on a galloping groove as the girls slide the melody above a dancehall beat, their vocals and the production here are top notch. Megan Lee helped co-write this song, which is neat.
The acoustic version featured on the show gave the song a completely different vibe, scaling the production down but upping the cuteness. It opens with a chiptunes beat that I’m convinced is a sped up sample of “The Bubble Bunch” by Jimmy Spicer (the track which forms the base of “Clumsy” by Fergie) and then after this the song is mostly carried by ukulele and vocals. It’s a fun spin on the song that was later included as a B-side for “Video Stars,” a song from Season Two that was released separately from Tomorrow Is Ours.
“Whispers” I played this for a friend once and she described it as “spicy,” so shoutout to her. I can see this being a somewhat polarizing track as the cheesy spoken intro, squeaky vocals, kid-friendly message and phrasing, and shifting sounds are somewhat jarring on first listen, but if you’re willing to look past all of that this song is a lot of fun. Like, clearly this is a song intended for children, but that chorus? All ages can appreciate that. The beat for this one is also kind of interesting.
“Where Our Hearts Go” My personal favorite from the show, this song is one of those unbridled love songs that just kind of melt me. It describes the kind of unbridled, corny, no-holds barred infatuation that’s so powerful society that the only people brave enough to express it are young girls, and while the lyrics might make you cringe at points don’t they also put a smile on your face? The song has a doo-wop twist, a nice change of pace for the group, and that piano that plays during the chorus does wonders to propel the song forward into euphoria. It also features Megan dropping the hardest rap verse in their entire discography, and that’s not a joke. This is my most listened to song in iTunes.
Make It Pop (Volumes 1-4)
“Do You Know My Name?” / “Do You Know My Name? (Reprise)” Arguably the strongest song of season one, this is a great ‘90s style ballad with surprisingly nuanced lyrics. This is a song that didn’t just receive a remix, but an entirely new recording with slightly different lyrics that make it into a different song. The song is first sung by Sun-Hi as a showy ballad meant to convince her drama teacher that she should play Glinda the Good Witch in their production of The Wizard Of Oz, so the lyrics of this version are about watching over someone and tenderly waiting for someone. Megan gives a great performance here, she’s at her most comfortable when she’s on a solo and allowed to belt and show off.
It gets reprised later by Jodi and Corki as Corki is going through a breakup, and thus the lyrics are subtly altered to make it more about realizing you’ve wasted your time pining for a person. In particular the final lyrics are changed from “baby do you know my name?” to “you don’t even know my name,” which of course completely scalps me every time I hear it. The girls give a great performance here, Louriza on the first verse in particular. Her voice is a little flat, but it works from a theatrical perspective.
“Friday Night” In terms of just sheer catchy bubblegum fun this might be best song of the first season. I annoyed the hell out of everyone at my dorm in college because every Friday I would not stop repeating this song’s chorus. “Friday night it feels alright, let’s do it again!” is a hell of an ear worm, it just drills itself into your head. The St-Thomas remix of this song emphasizes its house music roots and turns the bridge into something surprisingly epic. Just to give you an idea of what the plots on this show were like, Corki is wearing a phantom of the opera mask in the video it’s because her father, a Chinese billionaire, doesn’t want her performing so she has to disguise her identity.
“Luv ‘Em Boys” / “Luv ‘Em Boys (Remix)” I’m not putting this song here because it’s good, but rather because it’s enjoyably bad. Arguably the dumbest song put on the show, it’s trashy but ultimately very relatable because I do, also, love them boys. As the title suggests it’s just a straightforward song about being boy crazy. Sometimes you just gotta say it. It receives a bizarre remix later in the show’s run during the “Battle of the Sexes” episode that adds in some boys singing about how much they love girls so… yay for equality? This is the only time on the show a character other than the girls (or their rivals introduced in season two) sing and it’s never addressed.
Also! Call me crazy but I note a number of similarities to the SNSD song “The Boys.”
“Skillz” The ICONIC. With seven million views at the time of writing this is the most popular of the Make It Pop related videos. I can’t make up my mind over whether this song is awful or amazing. Right from the opening lines “I ain’t serving up dinner, I’m serving up SKILLZ” you know that you’re in for a ride. Combining spoken word rap verses and a dubstep drop that was dated when it came out, this song is dripping in swag, or at least it’s trying to be. Mostly a solo for Jodi, she gets some assistance from a Sun-Hi rap verse where she brags that she’s “friends with your brothers.” (Hmmmmm.) It’s accompanied by the worst dance off you’ll ever see. This song is the epitome of the trashy, somewhat cringy appeal of the show.
There are two remixes of this track but somehow they’re both less crazy than the original, with the Flange Squad remix smoothing things out and adding a cool drop that it milks the hell out of and the Summer Remix turning it into a more traditional runway song.
“Party Tonight” With an anthemic chorus and the shockingly competent drop, if you put this on in the club it would go off. Okay, maybe if it was one of those weird all ages clubs that kids go to, but still. The remix smoothes out the verses but heightens the drop into something almost Eurodance-esque. This is also the most adult XO-IQ song, it actually had to be censored for television because the soundtrack version contains the lyrics “Break rules like Charli XCX.” It was felt that an explicit reference to the alternative Charli XCX wouldn’t fly so the line is changed to “Break rules with Charlie he’s my ex” which is… well it doesn’t work as well.
Honorable Mentions: “What Love Is About (DaCapo Remix),” “Light It Up”
“No Way” Make It Pop: XO-IQ vs. L3 is a supplemental EP that features songs related to L3, who are introduced as a rival band of boys in Season Two. The boys themselves actually only pop up on two of the tracks, and of the two I think that “No Way” is definitely a better one. It’s something of a sing-off between the two groups, and it’s got a fun pop-punk energy that feels a lot like a throwback to the classic days of Disney/Nick pop. The “don’t get it twisted, we existed way before you” line is especially fun.
Just for completeness’s sake I’ll talk about their other song, “I Promise You That.” They get to sing it alone on the show but the officially released version is instead a full version of a separate scene from the show where Linc and Sun-Hi sing it as a duet. It’s, like, fine. It sounds the most like a song released by a traditional garage band of anything on the show.
“Jingle Jingle Jingle” There WAS a Make It Pop Christmas special. I’m highlighting this shockingly trashy kid-friendly yet club-ready remix of “Jingle Bells” more for the audacity of it than anything else, and because Erika Tham is on fire here. They also did a version of “Deck the Halls” but it’s more bland than anything else. The special also included an original Christmas song called “All The Love,” which is about as cliche as you’d expect from a Christmas song written for a Nickelodeon show but honestly in the pantheon of Christmas music this is actually a pretty decent entry.
“We Got It” Summer Splash was an hour long summer special that was (I believe) the show’s last chance to get renewed, but alas, even a special guest appearance from someday /popheads queen Jojo Siwa wasn’t enough to save them. They didn’t exactly bring their A-game with the music here, but I found this track to be nice enough. It’s that good faceless inspirational pop with trap flavor, but the chorus is actually pretty cool.
“Misfits” This song was on XO-IQ vs. L3 because in the context of the show it’s written by one of the members of L3 but that’s just as well because it means I can to close us out on a strong note! A vibrant, colorful track that brims with life from start to finish, I think this is one of the songs that showcases the appeal of the group best. It’s just… fun! There’s just an infectious energy about this track, everyone sounds like they’re having a great time, and I always do too when I listen to it. The addition of a crowd to back the girls up takes this song to another level, and even if the message is a little basic the lyrics are cute and it’s all wrapped around a chorus that’s just bubblegum perfection. The official soundtrack version adds a somewhat pointless bridge that misses the point of the song by ruining what’s otherwise a rocket of energy, but it’s still worth a listen.
After The Show
Conclusion So that was a brief introduction to and the greatest hits of XO-IQ. I’ve made some niche posts here and I think this is by far the most niche, but I wanted to write this post as a sort of tribute to them and bring attention to their extremely under appreciated discography. I think we as a people can be too harsh on things that are just meant to make you smile so I always try to give acts like this their due, and I hope I was able to do that here. They were a joke among Kpop fans, their show was corny and then was unceremoniously cancelled by the network without a word, and pretty much no one involved seems to have gotten any kind of career boost out of it, but I loved this cheap, manufactured group all the same, and their fans will always remember them in a positive light. At the end of the day they left behind some bops, and that’s the best kind of legacy.
Also stream “Me, Myself, And I” and “All To Myself” so Megan and Erika can thrive. It’s hard post-girl group.
So, any other Make It Pop fans out there? If so, share your memories of the show and call out your favorite songs that I shafted on this list. Once again the playlist.
Thank you. Hopefully the next writeup I do will be something people care about but for now, always make it pop.
submitted by Ghost-Quartet
to popheads [link] [comments]
2019.06.20 01:23 Fenex3 I(18M) finally blocked my ex(17F). I just didn’t want it to be this way.
We broke up roughly two months ago. It was a 9 month long distance relationship, 300 miles apart and only saw her 12 days in that span of time. From the moment we broke up I knew I was going to end up either blocking her or getting back together.
She has always had this I’m-not-loved-and-can’t-be-loved complex which made the relationship even more so difficult (this is important later on).
We didn’t break up because someone cheated or did something toxic in any way, distance was just too much for me and waiting that long had a huge toll on me.
When we broke up I knew we had to break contact slowly over time. She often messaged me some “miss you” texts late at night. I was over with her, I didn’t want anything with her anymore. She did though, and it hurt her like hell.
I couldn’t block her off the bat since her social life is basically as dead as Miranda Cosgrove’s career, and she’s running away from her house later next month. I was her only support.
She was my first girlfriend ever, she made the first move, and me being the low self-esteemed 17y/o I was, fell right for it, but I don’t regret it.
Yesterday for the first time in my life, I got myself a date. I was ecstatic so I tweeted about it, I have some friends who live far away and always support me. My ex saw the message, didn’t think too much of it at first, but she unfollowed then followed me again. Minutes later her friend starts shitting on me by dm. Her friend claimed I didn’t give my ex her place and so on. I messaged my ex about it and she said to just brush it off.
I realized I was just hurting her. I blocked her off everything on every account I know of her. I knew it was eventually going to happen. I just didn’t want it to be this sudden and awful.
submitted by Fenex3
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2018.06.05 04:05 ED_Heinyy Rock Band List Meltdown Quebec
|Title ||Artist ||Links |
|Caught Up In You ||.38 Special ||YouTube |
|Kryptonite ||3 Doors Down ||YouTube |
|What's Up? ||4 Non Blondes ||YouTube |
|Sons and Daughters ||The 88 ||YouTube |
|Day Late, Dollar Short ||The Acro-brats ||YouTube |
|Toys in the Attic ||Aerosmith ||YouTube |
|Train Kept A Rollin' ||Aerosmith ||YouTube |
|Girl's Not Grey ||AFI ||YouTube |
|Miss Murder ||AFI ||YouTube |
|You Oughta Know ||Alanis Morissette ||YouTube |
|Man in the Box ||Alice In Chains ||YouTube |
|Smooth Criminal ||Alien Ant Farm ||YouTube |
|Swing, Swing ||All-American Rejects ||YouTube |
|Ramblin' Man ||The Allman Brothers Band ||YouTube |
|Rehab ||Amy Winehouse ||YouTube |
|Blood Doll ||Anarchy Club ||YouTube |
|Get Clean ||Anarchy Club ||YouTube |
|Sink ||Animal Flag ||YouTube |
|Caught in a Mosh ||Anthrax ||YouTube |
|Arabella ||Arctic Monkeys ||YouTube |
|R U Mine? ||Arctic Monkeys ||YouTube |
|One Armed Scissor ||At the Drive-In ||YouTube |
|No Regrets ||Authority Zero ||YouTube |
|Monster ||The Automatic ||YouTube |
|Almost Easy ||Avenged Sevenfold ||YouTube |
|Bat Country ||Avenged Sevenfold ||YouTube |
|Beast and the Harlot ||Avenged Sevenfold ||YouTube |
|Hail to the King ||Avenged Sevenfold ||YouTube |
|Rock Lobster ||The B-52's ||YouTube |
|Shooting Star ||Bad Company ||YouTube |
|21st Century (Digital Boy) ||Bad Religion ||YouTube |
|New Dark Ages ||Bad Religion ||YouTube |
|Sorrow ||Bad Religion ||YouTube |
|Night Lies ||Bang Camaro ||YouTube |
|Pleasure (Pleasure) ||Bang Camaro ||YouTube |
|Push Push (Lady Lightning) ||Bang Camaro ||YouTube |
|Good Vibrations (Live) ||The Beach Boys ||YouTube |
|Shadow ||Bearstronaut ||YouTube |
|Sabotage ||Beastie Boys ||YouTube |
|So What'cha Want ||Beastie Boys ||YouTube |
|E-Pro ||Beck ||YouTube |
|Violent Shiver ||Benjamin Booker ||YouTube |
|These Hands ||Bent Knee ||YouTube |
|Prequel to the Sequel ||Between the Buried and Me ||YouTube |
|In a Big Country ||Big Country ||YouTube |
|Rebel Girl ||Bikini Kill ||YouTube |
|White Wedding (Part 1) ||Billy Idol ||YouTube |
|No Place For Me ||Black Beach ||YouTube |
|Fever ||The Black Keys ||YouTube |
|Lodger ||Blanks. ||YouTube |
|Adam's Song ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|Aliens Exist ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|All the Small Things ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|Dammit ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|Feeling This ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|First Date ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|I Miss You ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|The Rock Show ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|What's My Age Again? ||Blink-182 ||YouTube |
|Heart of Glass ||Blondie ||YouTube |
|One Way or Another ||Blondie ||YouTube |
|(Don't Fear) The Reaper ||Blue Öyster Cult ||YouTube |
|Song 2 ||Blur ||YouTube |
|Tangled Up in Blue ||Bob Dylan ||YouTube |
|Get Up, Stand Up ||Bob Marley and the Wailers ||YouTube |
|Livin' on a Prayer ||Bon Jovi ||YouTube |
|Wanted Dead or Alive ||Bon Jovi ||YouTube |
|Foreplay/Long Time ||Boston ||YouTube |
|Milwaukee ||The Both ||YouTube |
|Start A Band ||Brad Paisley ft. Keith Urban ||YouTube |
|Mainstream Kid ||Brandi Carlile ||YouTube |
|Breath ||Breaking Benjamin ||YouTube |
|The Diary of Jane ||Breaking Benjamin ||YouTube |
|I Will Not Bow ||Breaking Benjamin ||YouTube |
|So Cold ||Breaking Benjamin ||YouTube |
|Sooner or Later ||Breaking Benjamin ||YouTube |
|Until the End ||Breaking Benjamin ||YouTube |
|Shoulder to the Plow ||Breaking Wheel ||YouTube |
|Happy Song ||Bring Me The Horizon ||YouTube |
|Throne ||Bring Me The Horizon ||YouTube |
|False Alarm ||The Bronx ||YouTube |
|Summer of '69 ||Bryan Adams ||YouTube |
|Bounce ||The Cab ||YouTube |
|Short Skirt/Long Jacket ||Cake ||YouTube |
|Kung Fu Fighting ||Carl Douglas ||YouTube |
|Hello There ||Cheap Trick ||YouTube |
|Get It On ||The Chevelles ||YouTube |
|25 or 6 to 4 ||Chicago ||YouTube |
|Should I Stay or Should I Go ||The Clash ||YouTube |
|Give It to Me ||Cocktail Slippers ||YouTube |
|Welcome Home ||Coheed and Cambria ||YouTube |
|Dreaming of You ||The Coral ||YouTube |
|Shake ||Count Zero ||YouTube |
|Accidentally in Love ||Counting Crows ||YouTube |
|History Repeats ||Creaturos ||YouTube |
|Bad Moon Rising ||Creedence Clearwater Revival ||YouTube |
|Nightmare ||Crooked X ||YouTube |
|Friday I'm In Love ||The Cure ||YouTube |
|Just Like Heaven ||The Cure ||YouTube |
|*Get Lucky * ||Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams ||YouTube |
|V-Bomb ||Dark Wheels ||YouTube |
|I Believe in a Thing Called Love ||The Darkness ||YouTube |
|Let's Dance ||David Bowie ||YouTube |
|Space Oddity ||David Bowie ||YouTube |
|Suffragette City ||David Bowie ||YouTube |
|Database Corrupted ||Dealership ||YouTube |
|Can't Let Go ||Death of the Cool ||YouTube |
|Highway Star ||Deep Purple ||YouTube |
|Smoke on the Water ||Deep Purple ||YouTube |
|Foolin' ||Def Leppard ||YouTube |
|Uncontrollable Urge ||Devo ||YouTube |
|Whip It ||Devo ||YouTube |
|Feel the Pain ||Dinosaur Jr. ||YouTube |
|Rainbow in the Dark ||Dio ||YouTube |
|Walk of Life ||Dire Straits ||YouTube |
|Down with the Sickness ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|The Game ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|Indestructible ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|Inside the Fire ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|Meaning of Life ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|Perfect Insanity ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|Prayer ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|Stricken ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|Stupify ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|Voices ||Disturbed ||YouTube |
|New Kid in School ||The Donnas ||YouTube |
|China Grove ||The Doobie Brothers ||YouTube |
|Break on Through (To the Other Side) ||The Doors ||YouTube |
|Light My Fire ||The Doors ||YouTube |
|Riders on the Storm ||The Doors ||YouTube |
|Touch Me ||The Doors ||YouTube |
|King George ||Dover ||YouTube |
|Metropolis - Part 1 "The Miracle And The Sleeper" ||Dream Theater ||YouTube |
|Panic Attack ||Dream Theater ||YouTube |
|I'm Shipping Up to Boston ||Dropkick Murphys ||YouTube |
|Knock Em Down ||Duck & Cover ||YouTube |
|Hungry Like the Wolf ||Duran Duran ||YouTube |
|RudeBoys ||Dutch ReBelle ||YouTube |
|The Killing Moon ||Echo & The Bunnymen ||YouTube |
|Shape of You ||Ed Sheeran ||YouTube |
|Albert ||Eddie Japan ||YouTube |
|Crocodile Rock ||Elton John ||YouTube |
|Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting ||Elton John ||YouTube |
|Pump It Up ||Elvis Costello ||YouTube |
|Suspicious Minds ||Elvis Presley ||YouTube |
|I Wanna Be Your Man ||Endeverafter ||YouTube |
|Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' (South Park Version) ||Eric Cartman ||YouTube |
|The Final Countdown ||Europe ||YouTube |
|Bring Me to Life ||Evanescence ||YouTube |
|Call Me When You're Sober ||Evanescence ||YouTube |
|Everybody's Fool ||Evanescence ||YouTube |
|Lithium ||Evanescence ||YouTube |
|What You Want ||Evanescence ||YouTube |
|Real Wild Child ||Everlife ||YouTube |
|Epic ||Faith No More ||YouTube |
|MidLife Crisis ||Faith No More ||YouTube |
|Centuries ||Fall Out Boy ||YouTube |
|Dead on Arrival ||Fall Out Boy ||YouTube |
|I Don't Care ||Fall Out Boy ||YouTube |
|This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race ||Fall Out Boy ||YouTube |
|Blink ||Father Octopus ||YouTube |
|Hey Man Nice Shot ||Filter ||YouTube |
|Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1 ||The Flaming Lips ||YouTube |
|Go Your Own Way ||Fleetwood Mac ||YouTube |
|You Make Loving Fun ||Fleetwood Mac ||YouTube |
|I'm So Sick ||Flyleaf ||YouTube |
|All My Life ||Foo Fighters ||YouTube |
|Breakout ||Foo Fighters ||YouTube |
|Everlong ||Foo Fighters ||YouTube |
|The Feast and the Famine ||Foo Fighters ||YouTube |
|Learn to Fly ||Foo Fighters ||YouTube |
|Monkey Wrench ||Foo Fighters ||YouTube |
|Cold as Ice ||Foreigner ||YouTube |
|I Still Believe ||Frank Turner ||YouTube |
|Take Me Out ||Franz Ferdinand ||YouTube |
|Brainpower ||Freezepop ||YouTube |
|Get Ready 2 Rokk ||Freezepop ||YouTube |
|Less Talk More Rokk ||Freezepop ||YouTube |
|Sprode ||Freezepop ||YouTube |
|I Think I'm Paranoid ||Garbage ||YouTube |
|Ain't Messin 'Round ||Gary Clark Jr. ||YouTube |
|Ashes to Fire ||Ghost Hounds ||YouTube |
|Signs ||Giant Target ||YouTube |
|Follow You Down ||Gin Blossoms ||YouTube |
|Still Alive ||GLaDOS ||YouTube |
|We Got the Beat ||Go-Go's ||YouTube |
|Bethany ||Goddamn Draculas ||YouTube |
|I Stand Alone ||Godsmack ||YouTube |
|Radar Love ||Golden Earring ||YouTube |
|Girls & Boys ||Good Charlotte ||YouTube |
|Clint Eastwood ||Gorillaz ||YouTube |
|Feel Good Inc. ||Gorillaz ||YouTube |
|Alabama Getaway ||The Grateful Dead ||YouTube |
|21 Guns ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|21st Century Breakdown ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|American Eulogy ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|American Idiot ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Are We the Waiting/St. Jimmy ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Basket Case ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Before the Lobotomy ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Boulevard of Broken Dreams ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Brain Stew/Jaded ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Burnout ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Chump ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Coming Clean ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|East Jesus Nowhere ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Emenius Sleepus ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Extraordinary Girl ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|F.O.D. ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Geek Stink Breath ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Give Me Novacaine/She's a Rebel ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Having a Blast ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Hitchin' a Ride ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Holiday ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Homecoming ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Horseshoes and Handgrenades ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|In the End ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Jesus of Suburbia ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Know Your Enemy ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Last Night on Earth ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Letterbomb ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Longview ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Minority ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Murder City ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Nice Guys Finish Last ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Peacemaker ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Pulling Teeth ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Restless Heart Syndrome ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Sassafras Roots ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|See the Light ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|She ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Song of the Century ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|The Static Age ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Wake Me Up When September Ends ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Warning ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Welcome to Paradise ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Whatsername ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|When I Come Around ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl) ||Green Day ||YouTube |
|Tongue Tied ||Grouplove ||YouTube |
|American Woman ||The Guess Who ||YouTube |
|Shackler's Revenge ||Guns N' Roses ||YouTube |
|I Miss The Misery ||Halestorm ||YouTube |
|Kick It Out ||Heart ||YouTube |
|I Am Electric ||Heaven's Basement ||YouTube |
|Killing Loneliness ||HIM ||YouTube |
|Wings of a Butterfly ||HIM ||YouTube |
|Use Me ||Hinder ||YouTube |
|Main Offender ||The Hives ||YouTube |
|Tick Tick Boom ||The Hives ||YouTube |
|Celebrity Skin ||Hole ||YouTube |
|Young ||Hollywood Undead ||YouTube |
|Entangled ||Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives ||YouTube |
|I Get By ||Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives ||YouTube |
|The Power of Love ||Huey Lewis and the News ||YouTube |
|Viva la Resistance ||Hypernova ||YouTube |
|Oh My God ||Ida Maria ||YouTube |
|The Passenger ||Iggy Pop ||YouTube |
|I Bet My Life ||Imagine Dragons ||YouTube |
|Dig ||Incubus ||YouTube |
|Drive ||Incubus ||YouTube |
|Pardon Me ||Incubus ||YouTube |
|Wish You Were Here ||Incubus ||YouTube |
|PDA ||Interpol ||YouTube |
|Need You Tonight ||INXS ||YouTube |
|The Number of the Beast (Original Version) ||Iron Maiden ||YouTube |
|Wasted Years ||Iron Maiden ||YouTube |
|Centerfold ||The J. Geils Band ||YouTube |
|Lazaretto ||Jack White ||YouTube |
|I Want You Back ||The Jackson 5 ||YouTube |
|I Got You (I Feel Good) ||James Brown ||YouTube |
|Been Caught Stealing ||Jane's Addiction ||YouTube |
|Mountain Song ||Jane's Addiction ||YouTube |
|Recession ||Jeff Allen ft. Noelle LeBlanc and Naoko Takamoto ||YouTube |
|Are You Gonna Be My Girl ||Jet ||YouTube |
|Aqualung ||Jethro Tull ||YouTube |
|Crosstown Traffic ||The Jimi Hendrix Experience ||YouTube |
|Fire ||The Jimi Hendrix Experience ||YouTube |
|The Middle ||Jimmy Eat World ||YouTube |
|Pain ||Jimmy Eat World ||YouTube |
|Bad Reputation ||Joan Jett ||YouTube |
|I Love Rock N' Roll ||Joan Jett and the Blackhearts ||YouTube |
|Imagine ||John Lennon ||YouTube |
|Cold Clear Light ||Johnny Blazes and The Pretty Boys ||YouTube |
|Re: Your Brains ||Jonathan Coulton ||YouTube |
|Skullcrusher Mountain ||Jonathan Coulton ||YouTube |
|Me Enamora ||Juanes ||YouTube |
|Halls of Valhalla ||Judas Priest ||YouTube |
|Painkiller ||Judas Priest ||YouTube |
|Hurry Up (& Wait For You) ||Julie Rhodes ||YouTube |
|Ruby ||Kaiser Chiefs ||YouTube |
|Carry On Wayward Son ||Kansas ||YouTube |
|Walking on Sunshine ||Katrina and the Waves ||YouTube |
|Somebody Told Me ||The Killers ||YouTube |
|When You Were Young ||The Killers ||YouTube |
|Use Somebody ||Kings Of Leon ||YouTube |
|Detroit Rock City ||KISS ||YouTube |
|29 Fingers ||The Konks ||YouTube |
|Naïve ||The Kooks ||YouTube |
|Word Up! ||KoRn ||YouTube |
|Suddenly I See ||KT Tunstall ||YouTube |
|The Feeling ||Kutless ||YouTube |
|Pretend We're Dead ||L7 ||YouTube |
|Our Truth ||Lacuna Coil ||YouTube |
|If I Ain't Got You ||The Len Price 3 ||YouTube |
|I'm Gone, I'm Going ||Lesley Roy ||YouTube |
|Dream Genie ||Lightning Bolt ||YouTube |
|Gold Cobra ||Limp Bizkit ||YouTube |
|My Way ||Limp Bizkit ||YouTube |
|Nookie ||Limp Bizkit ||YouTube |
|Re-Arranged ||Limp Bizkit ||YouTube |
|One Step Closer ||Linkin Park ||YouTube |
|My Own Worst Enemy ||Lit ||YouTube |
|Little White Church ||Little Big Town ||YouTube |
|Am I Crazy ||Little Fish ||YouTube |
|All Over You ||Live ||YouTube |
|I Alone ||Live ||YouTube |
|Lightning Crashes ||Live ||YouTube |
|Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast) ||Lostprophets ||YouTube |
|Turn It Around ||Lucius ||YouTube |
|De-Luxe ||Lush ||YouTube |
|Free Bird ||Lynyrd Skynyrd ||YouTube |
|That Smell ||Lynyrd Skynyrd ||YouTube |
|Don't Let Me Down (Slowly) ||The Main Drag ||YouTube |
|A Jagged Gorgeous Winter ||The Main Drag ||YouTube |
|What's Your Favorite Dinosaur? ||The Main Drag ||YouTube |
|Oye Mi Amor ||Maná ||YouTube |
|The Beautiful People ||Marilyn Manson ||YouTube |
|Disposable Teens ||Marilyn Manson ||YouTube |
|The Dope Show ||Marilyn Manson ||YouTube |
|Uptown Funk ||Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars ||YouTube |
|Colony of Birchmen ||Mastodon ||YouTube |
|Peace Sells ||Megadeth ||YouTube |
|Megasus ||Megasus ||YouTube |
|...And Justice for All ||Metallica ||YouTube |
|Combat Baby ||Metric ||YouTube |
|Cross That Line ||Michael Christmas ||YouTube |
|The Impression That I Get ||The Mighty Mighty Bosstones ||YouTube |
|Where'd You Go? ||The Mighty Mighty Bosstones ||YouTube |
|Headphones On ||Miranda Cosgrove ||YouTube |
|Float On ||Modest Mouse ||YouTube |
|Flirtin' with Disaster ||Molly Hatchet ||YouTube |
|Time We Had ||The Mother Hips ||YouTube |
|Ace of Spades '08 ||Motörhead ||YouTube |
|Mississippi Queen ||Mountain ||YouTube |
|Kids in America ||The Muffs ||YouTube |
|Outer Space ||The Muffs ||YouTube |
|The Wolf ||Mumford & Sons ||YouTube |
|Hysteria ||Muse ||YouTube |
|I'm Not Okay (I Promise) ||My Chemical Romance ||YouTube |
|Welcome to the Black Parade ||My Chemical Romance ||YouTube |
|Black Streak ||Nemes ||YouTube |
|Electric Version ||The New Pornographers ||YouTube |
|I Recognize ||Newfane ||YouTube |
|Burn It to the Ground ||Nickelback ||YouTube |
|Figured You Out ||Nickelback ||YouTube |
|Never Again ||Nickelback ||YouTube |
|Photograph ||Nickelback ||YouTube |
|Rockstar ||Nickelback ||YouTube |
|This Afternoon ||Nickelback ||YouTube |
|Sister Christian ||Night Ranger ||YouTube |
|The Hand That Feeds ||Nine Inch Nails ||YouTube |
|Drain You ||Nirvana ||YouTube |
|In Bloom ||Nirvana ||YouTube |
|Rape Me ||Nirvana ||YouTube |
|Don't Speak ||No Doubt ||YouTube |
|Spirit in the Sky ||Norman Greenbaum ||YouTube |
|Don't Look Back In Anger ||Oasis ||YouTube |
|Wonderwall ||Oasis ||YouTube |
|Would You Still Be There ||Of Mice & Men ||YouTube |
|All I Want ||The Offspring ||YouTube |
|Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated) ||The Offspring ||YouTube |
|Gone Away ||The Offspring ||YouTube |
|Self Esteem ||The Offspring ||YouTube |
|Here It Goes Again ||OK Go ||YouTube |
|Burn You Down ||Opiate for the Masses ||YouTube |
|Your Love ||The Outfield ||YouTube |
|Green Grass and High Tides ||The Outlaws ||YouTube |
|Crazy Train ||Ozzy Osbourne ||YouTube |
|Miracle Man ||Ozzy Osbourne ||YouTube |
|So What ||P!nk ||YouTube |
|Nine in the Afternoon ||Panic at the Disco ||YouTube |
|Last Resort ||Papa Roach ||YouTube |
|Time Is Running Out ||Papa Roach ||YouTube |
|Misery Business ||Paramore ||YouTube |
|Still Into You ||Paramore ||YouTube |
|That's What You Get ||Paramore ||YouTube |
|Never Let 'Em Hold Ya Back! ||Parlour Bells ||YouTube |
|True Confessional ||Party Bois ||YouTube |
|Alive ||Pearl Jam ||YouTube |
|Wrecking Machine ||Permaband ||YouTube |
|Mean Girls ||Petty Morals ||YouTube |
|Llama ||Phish ||YouTube |
|Lasso ||Phoenix ||YouTube |
|Wave of Mutilation ||Pixies ||YouTube |
|Don't Stand So Close to Me ||The Police ||YouTube |
|Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic ||The Police ||YouTube |
|Message in a Bottle ||The Police ||YouTube |
|Next to You ||The Police ||YouTube |
|Roxanne ||The Police ||YouTube |
|Antibodies ||Poni Hoax ||YouTube |
|Lump ||The Presidents of the United States of America ||YouTube |
|Something Bigger, Something Brighter ||Pretty Girls Make Graves ||YouTube |
|Crash ||The Primitives ||YouTube |
|Jerry Was a Race Car Driver ||Primus ||YouTube |
|Light Up The Night ||The Protomen ||YouTube |
|Another One Bites the Dust ||Queen ||YouTube |
|Bohemian Rhapsody ||Queen ||YouTube |
|Crazy Little Thing Called Love ||Queen ||YouTube |
|Fat Bottomed Girls ||Queen ||YouTube |
|I Want It All ||Queen ||YouTube |
|I Want To Break Free ||Queen ||YouTube |
|Killer Queen ||Queen ||YouTube |
|One Vision ||Queen ||YouTube |
|Somebody To Love ||Queen ||YouTube |
|Tie Your Mother Down ||Queen ||YouTube |
|Under Pressure ||Queen ||YouTube |
|Go with the Flow ||Queens of the Stone Age ||YouTube |
|My God Is The Sun ||Queens of the Stone Age ||YouTube |
|No One Knows ||Queens of the Stone Age ||YouTube |
|Losing My Religion ||R.E.M. ||YouTube |
|The One I Love ||R.E.M. ||YouTube |
|Orange Crush ||R.E.M. ||YouTube |
|Creep ||Radiohead ||YouTube |
|Testify ||Rage Against the Machine ||YouTube |
|Du Hast ||Rammstein ||YouTube |
|Blitzkrieg Bop ||Ramones ||YouTube |
|I Wanna Be Sedated ||Ramones ||YouTube |
|Ruby Soho ||Rancid ||YouTube |
|Time Bomb ||Rancid ||YouTube |
|Life Is a Highway ||Rascal Flatts ||YouTube |
|Round and Round ||Ratt ||YouTube |
|Last Dance ||The Raveonettes ||YouTube |
|Ghostbusters ||Ray Parker Jr. ||YouTube |
|Stumble and Fall ||Razorlight ||YouTube |
|Hour of Rats ||The Red Chord ||YouTube |
|Dani California ||Red Hot Chili Peppers ||YouTube |
|Snow ((Hey Oh)) ||Red Hot Chili Peppers ||YouTube |
|Under the Bridge ||Red Hot Chili Peppers ||YouTube |
|Alex Chilton ||The Replacements ||YouTube |
|Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo ||Rick Derringer ||YouTube |
|Portions for Foxes ||Rilo Kiley ||YouTube |
|Give It All ||Rise Against ||YouTube |
|Prayer of the Refugee ||Rise Against ||YouTube |
|Re-Education (Through Labor) ||Rise Against ||YouTube |
|Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead ||Riverboat Gamblers ||YouTube |
|Burn ||Rob Zombie ||YouTube |
|Dragula ||Rob Zombie ||YouTube |
|Superbeast ||Rob Zombie ||YouTube |
|Gimme Shelter ||The Rolling Stones ||YouTube |
|The Look ||Roxette ||YouTube |
|Pain Killer ||Ruby Rose Fox ||YouTube |
|Skydiver ||Ruby Rose Fox ||YouTube |
|A Passage To Bangkok ||Rush ||YouTube |
|Tom Sawyer ||Rush ||YouTube |
|The Trees (Vault Edition) ||Rush ||YouTube |
|The Warrior ||Scandal ||YouTube |
|No One Like You ||Scorpions ||YouTube |
|Magnetic Baby ||Semi Precious Weapons ||YouTube |
|Empty Walls ||Serj Tankian ||YouTube |
|Like a Fool ||Shaimus ||YouTube |
|Cheap Thrills ||Sia ft. Sean Paul ||YouTube |
|Lazy Eye ||Silversun Pickups ||YouTube |
|S.O.M.P. ||Skratch'N Snyf ||YouTube |
|Before I Forget ||Slipknot ||YouTube |
|Duality ||Slipknot ||YouTube |
|Psychosocial ||Slipknot ||YouTube |
|Sulfur ||Slipknot ||YouTube |
|Light the Fuse ||Slydigs ||YouTube |
|Walking on the Sun ||Smash Mouth ||YouTube |
|Cherub Rock ||Smashing Pumpkins ||YouTube |
|Siva ||Smashing Pumpkins ||YouTube |
|Today ||Smashing Pumpkins ||YouTube |
|Zero ||Smashing Pumpkins ||YouTube |
|Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before ||The Smiths ||YouTube |
|I Was Wrong ||Social Distortion ||YouTube |
|Teen Age Riot ||Sonic Youth ||YouTube |
|Dead Black (Heart of Ice) ||Soul Remnants ||YouTube |
|Black Hole Sun ||Soundgarden ||YouTube |
|Spoonman ||Soundgarden ||YouTube |
|Superunknown ||Soundgarden ||YouTube |
|Living in America ||The Sounds ||YouTube |
|In the Meantime ||Spacehog ||YouTube |
|Conventional Lover ||Speck ||YouTube |
|Little Miss Can't Be Wrong ||Spin Doctors ||YouTube |
|Two Princes ||Spin Doctors ||YouTube |
|Short and Sweet ||Spinal Tap ||YouTube |
|Cool for Cats ||Squeeze ||YouTube |
|Birth In Reverse ||St. Vincent ||YouTube |
|Bodhisattva ||Steely Dan ||YouTube |
|Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) ||Stephen and the Colberts ||YouTube |
|Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me) ||Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel ||YouTube |
|Fly Like an Eagle ||Steve Miller Band ||YouTube |
|Rock'n Me ||Steve Miller Band ||YouTube |
|Good ||STL GLD ||YouTube |
|Interstate Love Song ||Stone Temple Pilots ||YouTube |
|Plush ||Stone Temple Pilots ||YouTube |
|Sex Type Thing ||Stone Temple Pilots ||YouTube |
|Vasoline ||Stone Temple Pilots ||YouTube |
|Reptilia ||The Strokes ||YouTube |
|In Too Deep ||Sum 41 ||YouTube |
|Grace ||Supergrass ||YouTube |
|Eye of the Tiger ||Survivor ||YouTube |
|Ballroom Blitz ||Sweet ||YouTube |
|This Bastard's Life ||Swingin' Utters ||YouTube |
|Synthesized ||Symbion Project ||YouTube |
|B.Y.O.B. ||System of a Down ||YouTube |
|Chop Suey ||System of a Down ||YouTube |
|Spiders ||System of a Down ||YouTube |
|Toxicity ||System of a Down ||YouTube |
|20th Century Boy ||T. Rex ||YouTube |
|Ride a White Swan ||T. Rex ||YouTube |
|Psycho Killer ||Talking Heads ||YouTube |
|Everybody Wants to Rule the World ||Tears for Fears ||YouTube |
|The Con ||Tegan and Sara ||YouTube |
|Master Exploder ||Tenacious D ||YouTube |
|Tribute ||Tenacious D ||YouTube |
|Souls of Black ||Testament ||YouTube |
|Rob the Prez-O-Dent ||That Handsome Devil ||YouTube |
|Dead End Friends ||Them Crooked Vultures ||YouTube |
|Crazy Tuesday ||thenewno2 ||YouTube |
|The Time Is Wrong ||Tickle Me Pink ||YouTube |
|Alone Time ||Tigerman WOAH ||YouTube |
|No Mercy ||Tijuana Sweetheart ||YouTube |
|Pistol Whipped ||Tijuana Sweetheart ||YouTube |
|Seven ||Tijuana Sweetheart ||YouTube |
|Trash Candy ||Tijuana Sweetheart ||YouTube |
|Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld ||Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld ||YouTube |
|Humanoid ||Tokio Hotel ||YouTube |
|Free Fallin' ||Tom Petty ||YouTube |
|I Need to Know ||Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers ||YouTube |
|Outside ||Tribe ||YouTube |
|Heathens ||Twenty One Pilots ||YouTube |
|Stressed Out ||Twenty One Pilots ||YouTube |
|Cedarwood Road ||U2 ||YouTube |
|I Will Follow ||U2 ||YouTube |
|Desperate Times, Desperate Measures ||Underoath ||YouTube |
|A-Punk ||Vampire Weekend ||YouTube |
|Panama ||Van Halen ||YouTube |
|Brown Eyed Girl ||Van Morrison ||YouTube |
|Rock Band Network Megamix 01 ||Various Artists ||YouTube |
|Get Free ||The Vines ||YouTube |
|Low Rider ||WAR ||YouTube |
|Closer, Closer ||The Warning Shots ||YouTube |
|Werewolves of London ||Warren Zevon ||YouTube |
|Bury Me Alive ||We Are The Fallen ||YouTube |
|Check Yes Juliet ||We the Kings ||YouTube |
|Can't Feel My Face ||The Weeknd ||YouTube |
|The Hills ||The Weeknd ||YouTube |
|Starboy ||The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk ||YouTube |
|(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To ||Weezer ||YouTube |
|Beverly Hills ||Weezer ||YouTube |
|Buddy Holly ||Weezer ||YouTube |
|My Name Is Jonas ||Weezer ||YouTube |
|Pork and Beans ||Weezer ||YouTube |
|Say It Ain't So ||Weezer ||YouTube |
|Troublemaker ||Weezer ||YouTube |
|Constant Disaster ||When Particles Collide ||YouTube |
|At Night In Dreams ||White Denim ||YouTube |
|The Hardest Button to Button ||The White Stripes ||YouTube |
|Seven Nation Army ||The White Stripes ||YouTube |
|Here I Go Again ||Whitesnake ||YouTube |
|I Can See for Miles ||The Who ||YouTube |
|Pinball Wizard ||The Who ||YouTube |
|The Seeker ||The Who ||YouTube |
|Won't Get Fooled Again ||The Who ||YouTube |
|Black Corridor ||Worshipper ||YouTube |
|I.V. ||X Japan ||YouTube |
|Maps ||Yeah Yeah Yeahs ||YouTube |
|Ocean Avenue ||Yellowcard ||YouTube |
|Roundabout ||Yes ||YouTube |
|Valerie ||The Zutons ||YouTube |
submitted by ED_Heinyy
to u/ED_Heinyy [link] [comments]
2018.01.10 00:43 PibbXtra69 [FanTheory] Minor characters from Drake and Josh destroy the fabric of the Dan Schneider universe
Dan Schneider is a television producer and writer. He has created and/or co-created a number of television series for Nickelodeon, including Drake and Josh
, and Victorious
, among others. Often, these shows will include references to each other, either in the form of a guest appearance (ex. Coco, a character from Zoey 101
, a appears on an episode of Sam and Cat
) or the "show within a show" trick, wherein characters from one show watch an episode of another show on TV as a gag.
Essentially, we can use these "micro-crossovers" as a way to determine whether
- A: Two shows take place in the same universe
- B: One show exists as a fictional television program, within the universe of the other show
Perhaps the most well-documented of the series' crossovers is between iCarly
, who, over the course of their airings, had 4 crossover specials. This firmly establishes that the two shows exist in the same universe.
S04E03 of iCarly
, entitled "iGet Pranky", has in scene in which Carly and Spencer watch part of a Drake and Josh
episode. This is mostly done to poke fun at the fact that Miranda Cosgrove (Carly/Megan) and Jerry Trainor (SpenceCrazy Steve) appeared on both shows. This would confirm that Drake and Josh
is a fictional TV show within the universe of iCarly
, and, by extension, Victorious
S04E06 and S04E07 of iCarly
, entitled "iStart a Fanwar", however, seems to challenge this notion. It features appearances by Craig, Eric, and Gavin - three characters with minor, recurring roles in Drake and Josh
. This would seem to suggest that Drake and Josh
exist in the same universe, contrary to what was presented just three episodes prior. However, Craig, Eric, and Gavin are only referred to by their first names, so maybe
this could be written off as a funny misunderstanding...maybe...
However, S04E18, entitled iQ
, sees Carly go on a date to the movies. What movie theater? The Premiere theater, which is where Josh works in Drake in Josh
. Since the two shows take place in different locations (Seattle and San Diego, respectively), it is implied that the theater is a franchise. What's more, though, is that the movie they see, "Ick Glokmah", is also
from a Drake and Josh
episode. It is also explicitly described as a film from Yudonia, a fictional country from the same show. So, if Drake and Josh
is really supposed to be a fictional show within iCarly
, then why does a fictional cinema chain showing a fictional movie from a fictional country make any sense?
Then, just to drive us crazier, S04E24, entitled iToe Fat Cakes
, features another
scene in which Carly watches Drake and Josh
. It's absurd. It's like they know, and Dan Schneider is just laughing at us. Victorious
is not safe from the madness, either. S02E08, entitled "Helen Back Again", features an appearance from Helen, a recurring character on Drake and Josh
. Helen mentions having previously been a manager at the Premiere Movie Theater (her job on Drake and Josh
), and also having been on the show Happy Times
(another part of her character on Drake and Josh). This makes it seem like *Drake and Josh
, and, by extension, iCarly
, all take place in the same universe.
But, in literally the next episode
(S02E09, entitled "Who Did it to Trina?"), Cat starts telling a story, which dissolves into a scene from Drake and Josh
. After the scene is over, the other characters present inform Cat that her story was taken from Drake and Josh
, a TV show
. But if this is the case, how come no one remarks that their new principal is exactly
like Helen from the supposedly fictional show?
Most strangely of all, though, is an episode from a show that aired long after these three, Game Shakers
. S01E06, entitled Tiny Pickles
. In it, two characters appear as guests on "The Helen Show", which is hosted by Helen. Now, by itself, this wouldn't do anything to destroy continuity, since no other shows have been referenced up until this point. However, later in the episode, one of Helen's other guests is Matt Bennett, the actor who portrays Robbie on Victorious
. He's not playing Robbie. He's playing himself. This would indicate that Victorious
, and by extension, iCarly
, are fictional shows within the universe of Game Shakers
(a future episode features characters watching iCarly
So, now we have to ask...is Drake and Josh
- A: a fictional show within the universe of iCarly and Victorious, and a show within a show within a show" within the universe of *Game Shakers?
- B: in the same universe as iCarly and Victorious, and a fictional show in Game Shakers?
- C: in the same universe as Game Shakers, in which iCarly and Victorious are fictional shows?
- D: or something else? parallel universes? time-travel? Matrix-style reality meddling?
TL;DR: Continuity is a lie.
EDIT: screwed up formatting
submitted by PibbXtra69
to FanTheories [link] [comments]
2017.08.07 16:14 UpsAndDownsNeverEnd Copy subscripted subreddits
I made a new account and I want to transfer my currently subscribed subreddits. Is there an easier way than using the reddit.com/mine -> multireddit page?
I ask because I have so many subs right now that it seems like reddit breaks. I get 502 errors when I paste it, but no where else.
For those who are curious: Subreddits
submitted by UpsAndDownsNeverEnd
to help [link] [comments]
2017.04.01 06:38 jamesfog Miranda Cosgrove just dropped a cryptic video hinting at a new album to be released on the release date of Despicable Me 3 (6/30/2017)
submitted by jamesfog to popheads [link] [comments]
2017.01.31 15:24 subreddit_stats Subreddit Stats: popheads top posts from 2017-01-01 to 2017-01-30 23:56 PDT
Period: 29.76 days
| ||Submissions ||Comments |
|Total ||738 ||28135 |
|Rate (per day) ||24.79 ||937.36 |
|Unique Redditors ||290 ||1828 |
|Combined Score ||27740 ||226489 |
Top Submitters' Top Submissions
- 1312 points, 16 submissions: FuckUpSomeCommasYeah
- Rolling Stone has revealed that The Weeknd, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Sia & more will be featured on Major Lazer's upcoming new album (170 points, 34 comments)
- /popheads Roast of: Ariana Grande (170 points, 202 comments)
- Carly Rae Jepsen makes Instagram post about "Listening party w the gang"... implying the album is done? (166 points, 33 comments)
- /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots (145 points, 210 comments)
- 10+ of the Most Underrated Pop Songs of 2016 (119 points, 68 comments)
- General Discussion - Fuck Donald Trump edition (96 points, 430 comments)
- A compilation of all the artists that participated in Women's Marches across the country on Jan. 21st (93 points, 43 comments)
- [THROWBACK] Sky Ferreira - Everything Is Embarassing (76 points, 16 comments)
- /popheads ALBUM/SONG OF THE YEAR 2016 RESULTS (53 points, 62 comments)
- /popheads ALBUM OF THE YEAR 2016 (52 points, 104 comments)
- 1068 points, 17 submissions: JunkyGS
- CARLY RAE JEPSEN, nick jonas and fifth harmony will Perform at NHL All Star Game (140 points, 25 comments)
- Lady Gaga's Halftime Show will Reportedly be the Most Expensive in History. (137 points, 66 comments)
- Streaming is Now Officially the Number One Way We Listen to Music in America (113 points, 22 comments)
- Janet Jackson Gives Birth to Baby Boy (96 points, 56 comments)
- will.i.am's advice to Charlie XCX, "...Just say random words. Nobody listens to the verse" (81 points, 43 comments)
- Fifth Harmony's Lauren Writes Open Letter about Immigration Ban (76 points, 15 comments)
- Ed Sheeran releases 2nd New Song "Castle on the Hill " (72 points, 26 comments)
- Michelle Branch Releasing First Album in 14 Years on April 7th. Co-Written By Patrick Carney (Black Keys) (68 points, 23 comments)
- Kanye, Bieber & Drake skipping The Grammy's (63 points, 34 comments)
- Ed Sheeran releases new song Shape of You (44 points, 30 comments)
- 1025 points, 31 submissions: Kaphox
- Interview Magazine: Solange interviewed by Beyoncé (72 points, 33 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Albums that have a lot of filler? (72 points, 210 comments)
- [FRESH] Zara Larsson - So Good (featuring Ty Dolla Sign) (66 points, 35 comments)
- [FRESH] Snakehips and MØ - Don't Leave (64 points, 11 comments)
- Kylie vs. Madonna vs. Britney: Day 2 (64 points, 201 comments)
- Bebe Rexha's debut album, "All Your Fault Pt. 1", will be released February 17th. (64 points, 25 comments)
- [FRESH] Halsey - Not Afraid Anymore (58 points, 39 comments)
- RuPaul's New Album Will Be Released Next Week (56 points, 30 comments)
- [FRESH VIDEO] Yasutaka Nakata - Crazy Crazy (featuring Charli XCX and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu) (55 points, 14 comments)
- Lily Allen covers Rufus Wainwright's "Going to a Town", with strong anti-Trump sentiments. (53 points, 7 comments)
- 702 points, 24 submissions: sapphire1921
- I Really Like You is now Platinum in America. (123 points, 12 comments)
- Petition calls for Migos to replace Lady Gaga at Super Bowl Halftime show. (64 points, 89 comments)
- [Discussion] So, will Carly Rae ever "win" the GP over? (57 points, 75 comments)
- Charli XCX shares 2 snippets from upcoming mixtape (late feb) (46 points, 3 comments)
- Dua Lipa debut album pushed back to June... (43 points, 28 comments)
- Charli XCX on Mixtape & brings up label predicament (38 points, 25 comments)
- [Discussion] I think I've come to the conclusion that mainstream needs Gaga again?... (33 points, 40 comments)
- [THROWBACK] Kylie Minogue - Red Blooded Woman (31 points, 10 comments)
- twenty one pilots - Heavydirtysoul (new mv coming soon) (31 points, 13 comments)
- [Discussion] Artists/songs that use nostalgia as a crutch... (29 points, 64 comments)
- 680 points, 8 submissions: TheAfricAsian
- Mariah Carey update: Her and her team say she was sabotaged for ratings. (263 points, 72 comments)
- PSA: Aaliyah music finally available for streaming!! (on Apple Music) (95 points, 22 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Ed Sheeran Debuts Atop Hot 100 With 'Shape of You' & in Top 10 With 'Castle on the Hill' (73 points, 70 comments)
- [FRESH VIDEO] Banks - Trainwreck (70 points, 20 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Migos Return to No. 1 on Hot 100, The Chainsmokers Debut in Top 10 (57 points, 66 comments)
- Prince estate nears deal that will have some of his music available for streaming. The Weeknd, Rihanna and Bruno Mars in talks for Grammys tribute (49 points, 33 comments)
- [FRESH] Maggie Rogers - On + Off (41 points, 12 comments)
- 2017 BRIT Awards Nominees (32 points, 32 comments)
- 622 points, 9 submissions: Sometime_blogger
- [FRESH] Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill [Official Lyric Video] (141 points, 62 comments)
- [FRESH] Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You [Official Lyric Video] (134 points, 80 comments)
- [FRESH VIDEO] Troye Sivan - Heaven (79 points, 38 comments)
- [FRESH VIDEO] Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill [Official Video] (76 points, 51 comments)
- [FRESH VIDEO] Ed Sheeran - Shape of You [Official Video] (60 points, 41 comments)
- Ed Sheeran: The club isn't the best place to find a lover (46 points, 52 comments)
- Ed Sheeran's Divide - Out on 3rd March. Pre-orders live at midnight. (44 points, 13 comments)
- Ed Sheeran posts Snippets of 2 songs (28 points, 19 comments)
- Ed Sheeran lyrics/song name reveal... (14 points, 23 comments)
- 534 points, 16 submissions: Macubass
- David Guetta announces a new song with Nicki Minaj -- "It's going to be huge!" (57 points, 29 comments)
- Nicki Minaj officially confirms that new music is coming "really soon" (56 points, 20 comments)
- Britney Spears wins all awards she was nominated for (4) at the People's Choice Awards -- Including Favorite Female Artist & Favorite Pop Artist (56 points, 35 comments)
- Shania Twain announces new album to be released this year! (46 points, 18 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] What albums would have benefitted from being released at a later date? (42 points, 30 comments)
- Head of parent company of Coachella, AEG has donated to anti-LGBTQ & climate change denial groups (40 points, 25 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] What are some fake remixed/mashup songs you like (36 points, 52 comments)
- Diplo officially confirms new single 'Run Up' to be released on Jan 26 featuring Nicki Minaj & PND (35 points, 19 comments)
- Jason Derulo announces new single with Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign (28 points, 14 comments)
- Uptown Funk by Bruno & Mark get threatened with a lawsuit (28 points, 13 comments)
- 475 points, 10 submissions: letsallpoo
- [THROWBACK] Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (93 points, 31 comments)
- [FRESH] Ex's & Oh's (Cover) - Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens (89 points, 23 comments)
- [RATE] The 2016 Ultimate Album Rate: Anti vs. Lemonade vs. Joanne vs. Glory (83 points, 131 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Looking Back: Beyoncé — Lemonade (56 points, 78 comments)
- [Discussion] Looking Back: Rihanna — Anti (49 points, 53 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Looking Back: Lady Gaga — Joanne (46 points, 30 comments)
- [ARTICLE] Billboard: Why '25' Probably Won't Nab Album of the Year (19 points, 27 comments)
- [RATE] TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SEND IN SCORES! (19 points, 14 comments)
- [FRESH] Kelsea Ballerini - Yeah Boy (13 points, 5 comments)
- Pazz & Jop's Top 2016 Albums and Singles (8 points, 0 comments)
- 444 points, 5 submissions: ffourthofjuly
- Our favorite /popheads mod Janelle Monae at the Golden Globes! (202 points, 47 comments)
- [RATE] The Emo Rate: The Black Parade v. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out v. From Under the Cork Tree v. RIOT! (100 points, 77 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Why You Should Listen to BØRNS: A Comprehensive Starter Guide (62 points, 24 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Songs that could fit on two different albums? (51 points, 46 comments)
- REMINDER: Send in this month's rate scores by February 1st! (29 points, 32 comments)
- 440 points, 12 submissions: DoctorWhoWhenHowWhy
- Charli XCX wants to collaborate with CupcakKe! (117 points, 28 comments)
- 'Move Your Body' by Sia will reportedly be the 4th single off her new album "This Is Acting". (79 points, 40 comments)
- Frank Ocean’s Mom: “Son, Can We Crop Kim Burrell Out of Your Song?” (63 points, 22 comments)
- Zara Larsson said on Twitter that her next single "So Good" is coming out next week! (with a video too!) (48 points, 11 comments)
- The final trailer of Disney's Beauty and The Beast features a new duet version of the titular song from Ariana Grande and John Legend! (30 points, 13 comments)
- [RUMOR] Forbes Might Have Revealed a New Lady Gaga Album is Coming Out in October 2017 (29 points, 23 comments)
- Taylor Swift teases the music video of I Don't Wanna Live Forever (27 points, 32 comments)
- [PARTY] Got a fave song from an artist you don't like? Today is the day cause it's 'Fave From Your Least Fave' on our plug.dj room. Come join us! (15 points, 8 comments)
- Lifetime Confirms Michael Jackson Biopic Is In The Works (12 points, 11 comments)
- [PARTY] It's R&B Night on our plug.dj room. Come join us! (9 points, 5 comments)
- TheAfricAsian (4846 points, 289 comments)
- dirdbub (4487 points, 144 comments)
- throwaway963963963 (4399 points, 292 comments)
- Macubass (4053 points, 397 comments)
- mokitsu (3854 points, 342 comments)
- joshually (3851 points, 565 comments)
- ThereIsNoSantaClaus (3384 points, 285 comments)
- potrap (3372 points, 277 comments)
- sapphire1921 (3324 points, 449 comments)
- 7mad (3075 points, 230 comments)
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Lorde, and Charli XCX all in one picture by mylostlights (340 points, 61 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Halsey Just Donated A Whopping $100,000 To Planned Parenthood by BlasiFeelsSwift (308 points, 90 comments)
- I made a Spotify playlist (Google Play links too) of 1700+ of the most popular songs from 1930 to 2017 so far (there are separate playlists per decade for those who don't want things like the 30s). by Random_Shadowscale (287 points, 25 comments)
- Mariah Carey update: Her and her team say she was sabotaged for ratings. by TheAfricAsian (263 points, 72 comments)
- [FRESH PERFORMANCE] Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me (Live at Canada's New Year's Eve 2016) by 7mad (220 points, 34 comments)
- Our favorite /popheads mod Janelle Monae at the Golden Globes! by ffourthofjuly (202 points, 47 comments)
- Drake Bell wishes Miranda Cosgrove was still making music by MashLuke (177 points, 44 comments)
- Rolling Stone has revealed that The Weeknd, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Sia & more will be featured on Major Lazer's upcoming new album by FuckUpSomeCommasYeah (170 points, 34 comments)
- /popheads Roast of: Ariana Grande by FuckUpSomeCommasYeah (170 points, 202 comments)
- Carly Rae Jepsen makes Instagram post about "Listening party w the gang"... implying the album is done? by FuckUpSomeCommasYeah (166 points, 33 comments)
- 314 points: throwaway963963963's comment in /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots
- 265 points: Awhile2's comment in /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots
- 265 points: MrSwearword's comment in /popheads Roast of: Ariana Grande
- 255 points: cloudbustingmp3's comment in /popheads Roast of: Ariana Grande
- 246 points: VanillaVia's comment in /popheads Roast of: Ariana Grande
- 217 points: Jailhousepoop's comment in /popheads Roast of: Ariana Grande
- 202 points: Wailordfan's comment in Lyrics That Ruined/Partially Ruined a Song?
- 201 points: butistillwork's comment in /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots
- 196 points: Mudkip1's comment in [FRESH VIDEO] ZAYN & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
- 193 points: PM_ME_CUTE_PUPPYS's comment in [GAME] Guess the artist based on made-up lyrics.
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats (Donate)
submitted by subreddit_stats
to subreddit_stats [link] [comments]
2017.01.26 19:56 Hogwartsreject1912 [THROWBACK] Victoria Justice - Freak The Freak Out
Freak The Freak Out
AKA the most iconic song from the hit Nickelodeon show Victorious is a song about a person frustrated with their lover because they don't put much effort into their relationship. In the episode, Tori Vega, the character portrayed by Victoria Justice, sings this as Louise Nordoff to get revenge on two obnoxious girls in a karaoke club. It peaked at number 50 on the Billboard Hot 100, thus outcharting every song by Little Mix, all but one single from Lady Gaga's Joanne, Miranda Cosgrove, Björk, and Grimes, as well as Madonna's last seven singles. It has sold at least 600k digital copies. It also deserves to be an international hit and chart topper, and win a Grammy or more because it's a BOP.
This is the best version of it I could find on YouTube if you're wondering why it's not an actual video because it's a.) in full (unlike the official music video) and b.) not filled with crowd noises and laugh tracks (like the show version).
Some more details:
Episode: Freak The Freak Out.
Air Date: November 26, 2010.
Production Code: 119-120 (this was an hour long special)
US viewers: 5.3 million.
This is often considered both the best episode AND the best song of the show.
Sorry for all these unnecessary details. But I just had to reach the minimum word count of 200.
submitted by Hogwartsreject1912
to popheads [link] [comments]
2017.01.18 07:38 subreddit_stats Subreddit Stats: popheads posts from 2016-12-30 to 2017-01-16 21:35 PDT
Period: 17.68 days
| ||Submissions ||Comments |
|Total ||432 ||18465 |
|Rate (per day) ||24.44 ||988.94 |
|Unique Redditors ||196 ||1419 |
|Combined Score ||17347 ||146979 |
Top Submitters' Top Submissions
- 916 points, 14 submissions: FuckUpSomeCommasYeah
- Rolling Stone has revealed that The Weeknd, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Sia & more will be featured on Major Lazer's upcoming new album (164 points, 34 comments)
- /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots (143 points, 209 comments)
- 10+ of the Most Underrated Pop Songs of 2016 (121 points, 68 comments)
- /popheads Roast of: Everybody (TRASH TALK THREAD) (92 points, 374 comments)
- /popheads Roast of: 2016 in Music (74 points, 131 comments)
- [THROWBACK] Sky Ferreira - Everything Is Embarassing (73 points, 16 comments)
- /popheads ALBUM/SONG OF THE YEAR 2016 RESULTS (50 points, 62 comments)
- /popheads ALBUM OF THE YEAR 2016 (49 points, 104 comments)
- [META][UPDATE] /popheads subreddit stats (34 points, 32 comments)
- /popheads SONG OF THE YEAR (31 points, 131 comments)
- 630 points, 14 submissions: Kaphox
- Cher: a History of the Singer, Actress, and Icon (80 points, 21 comments)
- Interview Magazine: Solange interviewed by Beyoncé (78 points, 33 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Albums that have a lot of filler? (71 points, 206 comments)
- [FRESH] Snakehips and MØ - Don't Leave (65 points, 11 comments)
- Kylie vs. Madonna vs. Britney: Day 2 (60 points, 202 comments)
- [FRESH] Halsey - Not Afraid Anymore (60 points, 39 comments)
- Bebe Rexha's debut album, "All Your Fault Pt. 1", will be released February 17th. (58 points, 25 comments)
- Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Sued for Copyright Infringement Over "Spark the Fire" (34 points, 7 comments)
- [FRESH] Sia - Move Your Body (Single Remix) (30 points, 8 comments)
- [FRESH] Kiesza - Dearly Beloved (26 points, 2 comments)
- 489 points, 9 submissions: JunkyGS
- Streaming is Now Officially the Number One Way We Listen to Music in America (113 points, 22 comments)
- Janet Jackson Gives Birth to Baby Boy (97 points, 56 comments)
- Ed Sheeran releases 2nd New Song "Castle on the Hill " (69 points, 26 comments)
- Michelle Branch Releasing First Album in 14 Years on April 7th. Co-Written By Patrick Carney (Black Keys) (66 points, 23 comments)
- Ed Sheeran releases new song Shape of You (43 points, 30 comments)
- Shout Out To My Ex coming to US Pop Radio on Jan 24th (35 points, 16 comments)
- Madonna Reflects on Her Career, Her New Movie and Donald Trump (32 points, 16 comments)
- Camila Cabello Interview about Sexuality, Social Media and 5th Harmony (20 points, 22 comments)
- The History of Viral Rap Hits in 9 Songs - Pitchfork (14 points, 4 comments)
- 442 points, 4 submissions: TheAfricAsian
- Mariah Carey update: Her and her team say she was sabotaged for ratings. (263 points, 73 comments)
- PSA: Aaliyah music finally available for streaming!! (on Apple Music) (100 points, 22 comments)
- Prince estate nears deal that will have some of his music available for streaming. The Weeknd, Rihanna and Bruno Mars in talks for Grammys tribute (48 points, 33 comments)
- 2017 BRIT Awards Nominees (31 points, 33 comments)
- 412 points, 4 submissions: buizel123
- [Discussion] The Mariah Meltdown on Dick Clark (251 points, 122 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] in your opinion, what is the most poorly run/messy pop era ever? (86 points, 140 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Do you think Gaga will do well at the SuperBowl? (53 points, 52 comments)
- [Discussion] Was Joanne a good or bad thing that happened this year for Popheads? (22 points, 30 comments)
- 411 points, 10 submissions: DoctorWhoWhenHowWhy
- Five years ago today, Lana Del Rey released her iconic single "Born to Die"! (155 points, 29 comments)
- 'Move Your Body' by Sia will reportedly be the 4th single off her new album "This Is Acting". (81 points, 40 comments)
- Frank Ocean’s Mom: “Son, Can We Crop Kim Burrell Out of Your Song?” (64 points, 22 comments)
- Zara Larsson said on Twitter that her next single "So Good" is coming out next week! (with a video too!) (44 points, 11 comments)
- [PARTY] We are just a day away before we welcome 2017. We are playing Music of 2016 in our plug.dj room! Come join us! (18 points, 25 comments)
- [PARTY] Got a fave song from an artist you don't like? Today is the day cause it's 'Fave From Your Least Fave' on our plug.dj room. Come join us! (14 points, 8 comments)
- [FRESH SNIPPET] Emma Watson - Something There (from Disney's Beauty and the Beast) (13 points, 11 comments)
- [PARTY] It's R&B Night on our plug.dj room. Come join us! (9 points, 5 comments)
- [PARTY] Wanna dedicate some tunes to someone? Today is the day as it's Dedicate Your Song on our plug.dj room! Come join us! (9 points, 5 comments)
- [PARTY] Throwback Thursday is having its return on our plug.dj room! Come join us! (4 points, 1 comment)
- 400 points, 12 submissions: Macubass
- Nicki Minaj officially confirms that new music is coming "really soon" (55 points, 20 comments)
- David Guetta announces a new song with Nicki Minaj -- "It's going to be huge!" (55 points, 29 comments)
- Shania Twain announces new album to be released this year! (47 points, 18 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] What albums would have benefitted from being released at a later date? (42 points, 30 comments)
- Head of parent company of Coachella, AEG has donated to anti-LGBTQ & climate change denial groups (41 points, 25 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] What are some fake remixed/mashup songs you like (36 points, 52 comments)
- Uptown Funk by Bruno & Mark get threatened with a lawsuit (27 points, 13 comments)
- Jason Derulo announces new single with Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign (26 points, 14 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Liking an artist less after achieving mainstream success (25 points, 42 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] What is your fave's signature song? (21 points, 65 comments)
- 394 points, 6 submissions: Sometime_blogger
- [FRESH] Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill [Official Lyric Video] (135 points, 62 comments)
- [FRESH] Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You [Official Lyric Video] (126 points, 80 comments)
- Ed Sheeran: The club isn't the best place to find a lover (44 points, 52 comments)
- Ed Sheeran's Divide - Out on 3rd March. Pre-orders live at midnight. (44 points, 13 comments)
- Ed Sheeran posts Snippets of 2 songs (29 points, 19 comments)
- Ed Sheeran lyrics/song name reveal... (16 points, 23 comments)
- 385 points, 6 submissions: letsallpoo
- [THROWBACK] Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (96 points, 31 comments)
- [FRESH] Ex's & Oh's (Cover) - Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens (88 points, 23 comments)
- [RATE] The 2016 Ultimate Album Rate: Anti vs. Lemonade vs. Joanne vs. Glory (83 points, 128 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Looking Back: Beyoncé — Lemonade (58 points, 78 comments)
- [Discussion] Looking Back: Rihanna — Anti (50 points, 53 comments)
- [FRESH] Kelsea Ballerini - Yeah Boy (10 points, 5 comments)
- 354 points, 3 submissions: ffourthofjuly
- Our favorite /popheads mod Janelle Monae at the Golden Globes! (197 points, 47 comments)
- [RATE] The Emo Rate: The Black Parade v. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out v. From Under the Cork Tree v. RIOT! (96 points, 76 comments)
- [DISCUSSION] Why You Should Listen to BØRNS: A Comprehensive Starter Guide (61 points, 24 comments)
- ThereIsNoSantaClaus (3228 points, 252 comments)
- Macubass (3198 points, 325 comments)
- TheAfricAsian (3054 points, 204 comments)
- throwaway963963963 (2822 points, 191 comments)
- FuckUpSomeCommasYeah (2819 points, 258 comments)
- joshually (2706 points, 365 comments)
- Death_Soup (2022 points, 211 comments)
- DoctorWhoWhenHowWhy (2004 points, 271 comments)
- amumumyspiritanimal (1957 points, 227 comments)
- Wailordfan (1937 points, 196 comments)
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Lorde, and Charli XCX all in one picture by mylostlights (329 points, 61 comments)
- Mariah Carey update: Her and her team say she was sabotaged for ratings. by TheAfricAsian (263 points, 73 comments)
- [Discussion] The Mariah Meltdown on Dick Clark by buizel123 (251 points, 122 comments)
- [FRESH PERFORMANCE] Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me (Live at Canada's New Year's Eve 2016) by 7mad (213 points, 34 comments)
- Our favorite /popheads mod Janelle Monae at the Golden Globes! by ffourthofjuly (197 points, 47 comments)
- Drake Bell wishes Miranda Cosgrove was still making music by MashLuke (173 points, 44 comments)
- Rolling Stone has revealed that The Weeknd, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Sia & more will be featured on Major Lazer's upcoming new album by FuckUpSomeCommasYeah (164 points, 34 comments)
- Five years ago today, Lana Del Rey released her iconic single "Born to Die"! by DoctorWhoWhenHowWhy (155 points, 29 comments)
- your flowchart guide to kylie minogue by raicicle (144 points, 39 comments)
- /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots by FuckUpSomeCommasYeah (143 points, 209 comments)
- 309 points: throwaway963963963's comment in /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots
- 265 points: Awhile2's comment in /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots
- 195 points: Wailordfan's comment in Lyrics That Ruined/Partially Ruined a Song?
- 191 points: butistillwork's comment in /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots
- 188 points: PM_ME_CUTE_PUPPYS's comment in [GAME] Guess the artist based on made-up lyrics.
- 173 points: swift-heart's comment in /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots
- 153 points: mister-watershoes's comment in /popheads Roast of: Everybody (TRASH TALK THREAD)
- 150 points: JoeThaMo's comment in /popheads Roast of: Everybody (TRASH TALK THREAD)
- 149 points: daddysgirl666's comment in /popheads Roast of: Twenty One Pilots
- 144 points: BEARS_WILL_EAT_YOU's comment in [DISCUSSION] Post an artist's name, and others would say what they think is iconic about them.
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats (Donate)
submitted by subreddit_stats
to subreddit_stats [link] [comments]
2016.01.01 19:41 StarbellyGlasgow New champion teaser: a deeper look at the Djinn poetry
First of all, this is my first time creating a thread so apologies if I've done anything wrong. Bear with me, because this is going to get a bit conspiracy theory-y.
There's an interesting thread reddit!
with some new ideas about the whole Deadeye/Djinn mystery, including a poem that KaiserDias
dug up that seems to reference this, which you can read here: https://books.google.pt/books?id=793BAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA227&lpg=PA227&dq=djinn+deadeye&source=bl&ots=HWO6n_ojBj&sig=2YKxiPFL2cco7x585uhPrWAW64g&hl=pt-PT&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjM_vmRpobKAhWE1RoKHcADBIMQ6AEIPjAE#v=onepage&q&f=false
The poem is one from a 2014 collection called Djinn Poems to Her Majesty: The Great High Imperial Djinn by poet Jashua Dewey Stockton Divine, and appears to contain a few references to the champions in the teasers - "hands of the juggernaut" could be Vi's gauntlets and/or Garen's newfound class type, "play ye me a melodic tune from your wonderful instrument/your song entices me" could be Sona, and there's even direct mention of the phrase "dead eye".
Being a bored, hungover English student with too much time on my hands, I thought I'd try and look a little further into the text and see if I could ferret out anything else.
Here's where it gets kinda weird:
Only certain portions of the text seem to be available from the viewer linked above, but if you ctrl+f for certain words, you can see previews of the paragraphs in which they appear even if they're unavailable in the full viewer.
I searched for a few league-related words and didn't turn up much except a line about how "ye will summon heros (sic)" until I searched for games and hit something really weird:
p475: "In Venice California we will buy a property on a prime location and we will build an arcade but not just any arcade One with robots, and elaborate games".
According to Google, Riot Games has their primary headquarters in Los Angeles, California. They also have online job listings less than 2 weeks old citing their specific address as VENICE, California. Weird, right? Well it gets weirder.
So I searched the author of the above Djinn poem and found out he's also got two other books to his name, both about Djinns. You can find them here: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=cs_8CQAAQBAJ&pg=PA115&dq=joshua+dewey+stockton+divine&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidxZnUmYnKAhUJLhoKHT4eCPYQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=joshua%20dewey%20stockton%20divine&f=false
and here: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=OlYoCgAAQBAJ&pg=PA102-IA1&dq=joshua+dewey+stockton+divine&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0gNrfmInKAhUCvBoKHVKUCqAQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=joshua%20dewey%20stockton%20divine&f=false
The first one contains another collection of passable poetry, but the author has begun styling himself as The Great High Imperial Genii, Jahshua Divine Divini. The prologue states his mission as "to explore the star systems for so long as eternity and immortality allow", and it includes a feverish address directly to Barack Obama on p114. Also, the troubling "affections for my mistress" section, verse 50 reads "I have found my delight O Lord, her name is Miranda". I'll come back to this later on.
The second of the other texts would appear to be a 200+ page fanfiction screenplay in which the author, now stylised as the Noble Divine Majesty Jahshua Divine Divini, appears as a Djinn and romances Miranda Cosgrove of iCarly/School of Rock fame. Seriously, read it. It seems to have been released in both softcover and eBook format.
Despite a disclaimer at the start that all resemblance to real people is coincidental, Cosgrove is referenced by her first name and surname, and her co-star Jennette (McCurdy) also appears.
If you're having trouble getting your head around this, here are some news articles on Miranda Cosgrove's restraining order against "creepiest fan ever" Joshua Stockton, dating from both before and after the fanfiction screenplay opus: http://www.designntrend.com/articles/19931/20140922/fan-threatens-suicide-icarly-miranda-cosgrove.htm http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/20/miranda-cosgrove-stalker-jail-disneyland-joshua-stockton/
So, does the Djinn poem contain a cryptic reference to the upcoming champ? Maybe, but it's probably a coincidence. Is Stockton Divine connected to Riot Games, or do they just come from the same area? I doubt it; L.A. is known as the home of stalkers. Are we any closer to working out what these champion teasers are? Not really. Am I getting any free RP for this? Hell no.
Happy new year guys, hope this was an interesting read for someone at least.
edit: tl;dr - redditor finds poetry that may tease an upcoming champ, but upon closer inspection are probably the demented scribblings of an iCarly obsessive.
submitted by StarbellyGlasgow
to leagueoflegends [link] [comments]